Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a princess and her castle

A couple weeks ago, (right before Easter) I was packing up our stuff to head to Moab for a couple of days. I put on a movie for Aiden, and took Capri down stairs to play with him while I finished up. When I took them down, the living room was clean and orderly. I yelled down to Aiden every once in a while to make sure they were doing good, but I could hear Aiden talking to Capri, and her little squeals of joy so I knew they were fine. About an hour later, I went down to take the bags out to the car, and this is what I saw. Cushions had been taken off the couch, the clean towels that had yet to be folded were strewn about, and every toy from the toy box had been scattered around the room. The piano bench and the toy box had also been dragged into the mess.







I was just about to yell, when Aiden said "Hey mom! Look what I did! I built Capri a castle, because she is a princess!"




Now how can you even get mad after that??





The princess was clearly pleased with his work. You can just make out her big huge grin under that binky that is permanently attached to her face.


1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

Ah, what a lucky little girl to have a brother that will build her a castle. And such a beautiful one! Too cute.