Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

Happy Mother's Day to my children's grandmas, great grandmas, and aunts.

These are the amazing children who made me a mother. Before them, I was sure I was broken and I wasn't really convinced I could ever be fixed, but they did it. The only thing they really had to do was show up, and I was cured. I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven. He knows me, he knows what I need and he knows what I want more than I do. If I had had my way all those years ago, I wouldn't be their mom, and that thought makes me hurt.

Thanks to my mom for teaching me how to be a GREAT mom, and to my mother-in-law, for raising me a good, righteous husband to help me. I love you both.


Aiden sang this song, along with a couple of others in Sacrament with the Primary, and since our moms couldn't be there to see it, we recorded it for their viewing pleasure. This is the song that made me cry, because when he was singing he was all the way on the other side of the pulpit, and I couldn't see his face. But when this sang started, he stood up on his tiptoes and bent over backward to look at me and give me a little wave.


6 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

How precious! What a perfect way to end Mother's Day, and what great insight you have, my daughter. And what a privilege it was to raise this girl who grew up to be Aiden and Capri's Momma. You've made such a difference in their lives . . and in mine :)

combes said...

Jill u r a lucky mom he is so stinking cute. especially that smile at the end. you are a great mom to those beautiful kids.
Happy mothers day

Trisha said...

Hey, I shared this post with a friend of mine who has no children and just had to have a hysterectomy, I hope that's ok :) I thought it would help her.

mx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimbrey-Daniel said...

SO CUTE! Loved the song by Aiden and his cute proud grin at the end!

Jayson, Jenifer & Peyton said...

Oh my gosh Jill. I LOVED this post. You are such an amazing woman and I love your faith in the Lord. Happy Late Mother's Day!! :)