This last weekend the Iron Man race was in town, and the night before the main event, they held a kids fun run. We only knew about it because we have cool friends who tell us about cool stuff. We took Aiden to run, because he loves to run, and man is he fast. We knew he would have fun, but I honestly wanted to see how he would do stacked up against a bunch of other kids.
We got there just before the race started, and barely had time to get his number and t-shirt before it was time to line up. Aiden's group was the last to run, and it must have really been an afterthought, because before Aiden even ran, the announcer was thanking people for coming and wrapping things up...
As I started to wonder if maybe I had missed Aiden in the big group of kids that had just raced, I saw him coming my way, down the street. He was in the lead, with a whole mass of kids running behind him.

Ahh. Seriously one of the proudest moments of my entire life. As soon as I was sure he wasn't going to trip right before the finish line I bolted to the finish line to get him and hug him. I did not cry. I thought I might, and then I almost did, but then I didn't. I did tell him about a thousand times that night how proud I was. His response? Yeah, yeah. Can I go play in the water?
If you ask him, what was your favorite part of that day?? It's not winning the race. It's not even running in the race and just having fun. It's getting to play in the water at the park when the running was done.




I don't really blame him. I don't think running is all that fun either.

6 comments:
Yay!! Go Aiden!
Way to go Aiden!!!
Way to go Aiden! That is awesome!
SO glad we got to see that!! It was the best part of MY day :)
That's awesome, way to go Aiden! My Adyn is pretty fast too, but she'd probably get distracted by a butterfly halfway through and forget what she was doing, lol!
Wow! Look at that kid go!! Jayson and I just started running two nights ago and it KILLS me so this kid has my utmost appreciation!!! GO AIDEN!! :)
Post a Comment