Our little Miss Capri celebrated her first birthday yesterday, May 13th. I can't believe she's one.
First thing in the morning, as soon as she started making noise, Aiden and I ran into her room to wish her a Happy Birthday. We had waffles and bananas for breakfast, and got ready for the day.

She had her one year well check scheduled that day (What mom does that to her baby on her birthday? Loser mom.) so she got some (four) shots on her birthday. Other than screaming at the initial poke, she did pretty well. She wasn't any more moody than normal, we just had something to blame her fussiness on.
We also got to find out her one year stats. I missed her nine month check up, because there weren't any shots due, and isn't that the only reason we really even see the doctor, unless there's a problem? So it was fun to see how big she's gotten. She weighs 18.5 lb, and is 28 in. tall. I forgot to ask about the percentiles, but it doesn't really matter. She's still on her little growth curve, and seems to be doing fine, she's just little. The doctor seemed a little surprised her umbilical hernia hasn't closed itself up yet, but he said they would wait till she's around four years old to take care of it if it hasn't gone away yet.
Happy birthday to my darling beauty queen baby girl. We can't imagine life without you!
First thing in the morning, as soon as she started making noise, Aiden and I ran into her room to wish her a Happy Birthday. We had waffles and bananas for breakfast, and got ready for the day.
She had her one year well check scheduled that day (What mom does that to her baby on her birthday? Loser mom.) so she got some (four) shots on her birthday. Other than screaming at the initial poke, she did pretty well. She wasn't any more moody than normal, we just had something to blame her fussiness on.
We also got to find out her one year stats. I missed her nine month check up, because there weren't any shots due, and isn't that the only reason we really even see the doctor, unless there's a problem? So it was fun to see how big she's gotten. She weighs 18.5 lb, and is 28 in. tall. I forgot to ask about the percentiles, but it doesn't really matter. She's still on her little growth curve, and seems to be doing fine, she's just little. The doctor seemed a little surprised her umbilical hernia hasn't closed itself up yet, but he said they would wait till she's around four years old to take care of it if it hasn't gone away yet.After the Doctor, we met Kenny and Aiden at McDonald's (yuck) for lunch. Capri ate an entire fruit and yogurt parfait, and fed herself some french fries. She honestly will not feed herself ever, but apparently french fries are special. We headed home from there and started the cake. That was a three hour process that ended in this.


When Aiden turned one, it was a big deal. We went to Moab, had a big party in the park with all of his aunts and uncles and grandparents, etc. He had a mountain of presents, and we spent hours making him little monkey cupcakes. Capri's birthday was so much like any other day, I just wanted her to have a special cake like Aiden did. Since we call her piggy all the time, I found a piggy cake I could make, and found a strawberry shortcake recipe and combined the two. It surprised me and turned out pretty cute.
Of couse she wouldn't/couldn't blow out the candle, but Aiden helped her.
And she would have nothing to do with her cake. We even shoved it in her face to show her that it was yummy, but she would have nothing to do with it. Oh well.
She held onto that candle forever though. I took it away to clean it and her off, and she had a melt down.

Of couse she wouldn't/couldn't blow out the candle, but Aiden helped her.
And she would have nothing to do with her cake. We even shoved it in her face to show her that it was yummy, but she would have nothing to do with it. Oh well.
She held onto that candle forever though. I took it away to clean it and her off, and she had a melt down. 
She had a few presents to open. We had gotten her a brown baby doll, and then with the money people sent for her birthday, we got her some little hats, sunglasses and a couple cute outfits. So since we had so few things for her to actually open, I just took some things we had bought for her and wrapped them up.
Happy birthday to my darling beauty queen baby girl. We can't imagine life without you!



6 comments:
Oh, I love her. Happy Birthday beautiful.
What a big girl Miss Capri! You are a doll!!!
We're so glad you're ours Miss Capri :) Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday! I remember this time too! Thanks for trusting us with your secret and letting us meet her first. And of course, the teacher in me just wants to tell you (in case you turn your blog into a book) that you stated in your opening sentence March 13th. You may want to fix that for history sake. Love you lots! Capri is beautiful! I can't believe how grown she is!
Happy Birthday Capri! She is such a cutie.
Oh my word!!! She is SO cute! And I cannot believe she's a year already! I forget she's only a month younger than Daphne. What a sweetheart!
Post a Comment