
I immediately smiled as I looked at the surprise photo of my sweet boy. I asked him where it had been taken and why on earth did he have it. It was taken at a service project that the young men in the ward were doing, and Kenny had taken Aiden with him because I was working that night. I kind of thought to myself why would he print it out so huge? Why didn't he print it 4x6" to pass it onto us, it's not like it's a very spectacular picture. It hadn't been taken with a fancy pants camera, and look at my boy for heaven's sake. His shoes don't match his outfit, the knees of his jeans are scuffed and dirty, he has drooled so much that his shirt is soaked. His hair wasn't combed that day and if you look real closely you can see snot crusted around his nose. I thanked him for the picture and the thoughtfulness of course and got ready to come home. As I was on my way home I looked at that photo no less than 25 times because man, he just looks so darn handsome! Look at those eyes, and that expression on his face! He just looks like such a big kid. By the time I got home I was so in love with this picture that I was determined to hang it on my bedroom wall the second I got the chance.
I think I just needed a little perspective, as I was starting to almost hate my nice little camera that I used to love so much. I was starting to look at the photos I had taken of my super handsome photogenic boy with disgust because I was sure they could be better. And honestly, they probably could be, and maybe someday in the future I too can have a super fancy pants camera than can take 47 million shots in a minute, and I will love it. But for now, we love our boy, and we love the trusty old camera that likes to take his picture.
3 comments:
You know what's funny? I actually covet YOUR camera because it's so small and compact and you can easily carry it anywhere, yet it's a nice camera that takes great pictures. My camera is kind of a pain because it's big and bulky and I have to carry it in a backpack everywhere I go, and I basically use it as a point and shoot, but always there is the fact that it's an SLR and I HAVE to learn how to use it right, whether I have the time and patience or not. Hey, maybe we should trade . . .
well... I'm pretty sure I'm jealous that you own your own home. I guess we all have one up on each other in one way or another. I do however think you should come to the dark side :)
I'm with you, I've been trying to get Ryan to buy me a new camera so I can take better pictures of the girls but after looking at your pictures, I think its the person that makes the picture not the camera. He is so Cute! But while we are talking about it what kind of camera do you have? What kind does Kimbrey have?
Post a Comment