Friday, March 14, 2008

Do you remember this baby?



I am always taken by surprise when I look back and see how much Aiden has changed in the past 19 months. When I look at pictures of when he was just tiny, I can't believe it is the same kid that I have now. He looks like a completely different person. I remember that kid in the picture, I remember holding him, and feeding him and loving him; I remember staying up nights with him, and rocking him and I remember when his diapers were just little bitty.


The kid I have now is a giant, rough and tumble toddler who loves to dance, he is great at climbing just about anything, and he loves to tease. He knows how luch I love his kisses and he takes advantage of it. And he only does it to me. When I try to give him kisses, he turns his head at the last minute and giggles this sweet little laugh, because he just thinks he's hilarious. Then, he waits until I've given up and go away, and he starts smacking again. Then I come back for more, even though I know he's setting me up again.


I've been going through his things and getting rid of some stuff that he doesn't use anymore. It is so sad! I figured that as long as he was still sleeping in a crib, he was technically still a baby. But, now he's in a real bed, and wearing big kid clothes, and he won't let me feed him anymore. He's a full blown toddler now. He goes down the big slides at the park. He goes to nursery. He eats peanuts and honey and wheat, and he drinks whole milk. He says momma and dadda and says bye bye to cars that pass on the road. If it was just one or two things, I could maybe just ignore it and say it was a fluke, but the evidence is overwhelming. He isn't a baby anymore. Thank goodness he is still so dang cute!

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

Yea, see, no more baby. You need to get another one on the way!