Sunday, March 16, 2008

Maybe we should have gotten that rail!

I just go home from work this morning and Kenny told me this story about what happened last night. He put Aiden to bed at the usual time and in the usual way. (Let me just brag for a minute, I can't even tell you how proud I am of my little guy. We put him in bed every night at bedtime while he is awake, and he just lays there in bed and just waits to drift off to sleep. He doesn't climb out of bed and pound on the door, he doesn't climb out of bed to play with his toys, he doesn't even cry. He just goes to sleep, and stays there till morning.) So anyway, Kenny was sitting on the couch downstairs watching tv after he had put Aiden to bed and it was around midnight. We turn on the baby monitor in his room so we can hear him just in case he does get out of bed in the middle of the night and can't find his way back to bed in the dark. Kenny heard him rustling around in his bed which made him wonder if he was starting to wake up, so he turned the tv down and listened. All of a sudden he heard a loud thump coming from Aiden's room. Oh crap. We didn't get one of those rails the first night just because we forgot, and it was too late to go to the store. The next few nights he did so well without it and we decided he didn't even need it. He usually would wake up in the same position he went to sleep in, and barely moveed in his sleep ever. So anyway, Kenny realized Aiden had just fallen out of bed and waited for him to start crying, but all he heard was a soft grunt and then silence. So, Kenny turned off the tv, turned off the lights and locked the doors and went up stairs to see what was up. Using the light from his cell phone so as not to disturb Aiden, he investigated. Aiden was on the floor just as Kenny had suspected, and he had curled himself up and went immediately back to sleep. Kenny picked him up and put him back to bed. Not once did he wake up. The entire time.
What makes the story even funnier is that we were looking feverishly all day yesterday and the night before for my camera which had suspiciously disappeared. We looked everywhere. I looked in my room, Aiden's room, the spare room and Aiden's bedroom at least three times each, and looked in, around and under everything with emphasis on the beds. I know I checked Aiden's bed several times. Anyway, while Kenny was in Aiden's room picking him up off the floor and putting him into bed, he just happened to spot the camera right in plain sight next to Aiden on the floor. Somehow Aiden stowed away our camera and what he was doing with it I'm sure we'll never know. I'm just happy to have it back. I thought I was going to have to buy another one--surely I would have had to get a nice, expensive one like Michelle's and then learn all about photography, and how to use it. Phew. good thing I found it. I hope it doesn't get lost again!

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

Don't you wonder what he was dreaming had happened to him when he fell out of bed? It was just all a part of his dream, so why wake up? What a cute story!