We've always enjoyed a nice Sunday evening drive, and even though gas is really too expensive for leisurely drives anymore, we threw caution to the wind and headed out. As we drove further, our car started being pelted with rain and the next thing we could see was this amazing rainbow. This photo doesn't even halfway capture it, it was a full rainbow, each end touching the earth, so we stopped the car and I braved the rain to try to catch it on camera.
Aiden loved it.

My favorite part of the drive was this beautiful lake we found! I can't even remember what it was called, but when I saw it I fell in love. It's just a small reservoir, but it's exactly what I've been looking for since we moved here. I love our desert lakes, the ones with the red sandy beaches and rocks, but I have been looking for a lake that looks like it belongs in the mountains, with trees, and vegetation and such. I can't wait to come back here and go fishing.

Isn't it pretty? Sure, the dirt is still red, but it's got the trees. And it just looks and feels like a mountain lake. Surely the wind isn't as bad at this lake either. I couldn't really tell what with the rain, thunder and lightning.

On our way home we stopped at this lookout to see the pretty lights of the city, and couldn't help seeing the beautiful temple. It was a good night for a drive. I'm sure we'll pay for it later!
3 comments:
That picture of the temple is so pretty! I love Sunday drives, looks like you had a nice day.
Very pretty pictures. See, you don't need a "fancy pants" camera if you're good enough :)
That picture of the Temple is so Pretty I love it!
Post a Comment