Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I love rainstorms in the desert

So yesterday when I heard rain pouring outside, I grabbed Aiden and his shoes and hurried outside because you never know how long you have till it abruptly stops raining. It was one of those perfect rainstorms where the sun has been shining all day, and it was plenty warm outside when it started to rain. Those are my favorite. It's just not the same anywhere else.

Aiden stood out in the rain for about a minute, then decided he would come sit under the roof with me and just watch.

He didn't really want anything to do with it actually, and was content to sit and watch, but I wanted him to get wet. So, I told him to touch it.
This is as close as he would get for a while, then I told him to run and get me a rock from the front of the yard.
So, he did. Three times, cause I wanted to see if he would. He probably would have gone again if I asked, but I started to feel bad for him.After 45 minutes the rain stopped, and all he wanted to do was lay down on the "big rock" and take a nap cause he was "leepy".

6 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

I love that cute "leepy" face!

The Johnsons said...

Too cute! My kids have never been so interested in the rain like he is.

Swasey family said...

He is getting so big!!I just found your blog I would love to stay posted on your cute little boy!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I love the rain too. I know I have told you this but he is such a doll.

The Odd Couple said...

That is so sweet and I can just see you working at him to get you a rock-you little manipulative mother! Haha...just kidding. So precious! love you jill!

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

I love the comment about nurses. I have read that before and laugh everytime because it is so true.