Saturday we hiked to Corona Arch. It was a great hike, and very beautiful at the end. It was windy and rainy, but it wasn't cold so we all just got a little wet, and our (my) hair got a little messy.
This is bowtie arch. It took us a little bit of time to figure out why it is called bowtie arch, but if you turn you head sideways and look at the hole, and just under the hole there is a dark spot and the two kind of make up a funny bowtie.
Aiden allowed me to carry him for a short time, and Ellen took this picture. See what I mean about the hair?
None of us got cold, because we were hiking, but Aiden rode the entire way and got a little chilly when it started raining. Also I am a new, inexperienced mom and didn't bring Aiden a sweater. So, my mom wrapped her sweater around his shoulders. The hat is to keep the sun off his face.
On our way home we stopped by the new bridge that goes across the river. It's kind of cool.
It was quite the view from the middle of the river that I just love.
When we got to the other side there was a little shallow area where boats used to dock and we let Aiden walk around in the shallow part of the water. We had to chase after him though, when he bolted toward the middle of the river. He was pretty mad at us after that. He really wanted to go swimming.
The next day was Sunday and we had a little break from hiking for the day. Aiden spent a lot of his time on some of Kenny's old childhood toys. Remember the sit-n-spin? Kenny's mom had all kinds of old toys that Aiden absolutely loves.
And while Aiden was sittin and spinnin Karrina was hopping around on her pogo stick which made Aiden laugh hysterically.

Moday the plan was to go to Island in the Sky, but we got side tracked and hiked to Mesa Arch which at first was a little disappointing after Corona Arch, but then we got a little closer and saw the view through the arch. It was amazing and a little scary. There is a massive drop off right at the arch, and I didn't enjoy having Aiden anywhere near it.
Aiden did very little hiking, he wasn't wearing proper footwear. But when we did put him down to let him climb around, we realized how glad we were that he didn't insist on hiking the whole way. He's a pretty slow climber!
We hiked to these Indian ruins in Canyonlands. They were pretty cool, and supposedly there were more somewhere, but we never found them.
I think this photo sums up this post well. We had a fun, busy weekend, and by the time it was over, we were all exhausted.
Aiden did very little hiking, he wasn't wearing proper footwear. But when we did put him down to let him climb around, we realized how glad we were that he didn't insist on hiking the whole way. He's a pretty slow climber!
We hiked to these Indian ruins in Canyonlands. They were pretty cool, and supposedly there were more somewhere, but we never found them.
I think this photo sums up this post well. We had a fun, busy weekend, and by the time it was over, we were all exhausted.
7 comments:
You guys do so many fun things together! I love the "photo shoot" pics too! Every time I see Aiden I want to squeeze him and pinch his cheeks.
Yep, we wore that cute boy right out with all our nature experiences last weekend. I think you're going to have to stop making fun of fancy pants cameras. Your camera takes some beautiful pictures!
Wow! You guys were busy. It looks like such fun. We should join you sometime, I would love to take the girls there. That last picture is so cute of Aiden, I bet him and Paeton would be good friends.
Your little boy is so cute. I'm jealous! I hope everything is going good with you guys!
What a fun vacation. I wish Rory would leave Sanpete so we could go somewhere!
What a fun vacation. I wish Rory would leave Sanpete so we could go somewhere!
Post a Comment