Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm afraid we might be stupid

We have had QUITE the week, and sadly it's only Thursday. Tuesday night Garrett, Kenny's younger brother, graduated from High School (congratulations Garrett) in Moab which meant that we had to be in Moab on Tuesday night. What complicated things , was that Kenny took off so much work for the unsuccessful turkey hunt, and he is supposed to take off more time for our anniversary at the end of June so he could only take off one day from work. Which meant that we had to leave Monday night after he got off work, and then we had to drive back Tuesday night after the graduation that didn't start until 8:00pm. I knew even before it all started it would be bad. We started Monday off right, I let Aiden eat his yogurt unsupervised, and this is what resulted.



No, that isn't hair product, but Aiden apparently thought it was, and used it liberally throughout his hair. Not long after the yogurt episode, we had an unprovoked projectile vomiting episode which resulted in me mopping up the floor with towels and trying not to throw up myself, then a bath for the kiddo.


I should have taken those couple of things as a sign of the bad to come, and pulled a veto on the whole trip.


On our five hour drive down to Moab (we got to leave a little early cause Kenny got home from work about one instead of five) Aiden vomited no less than four separate times, bringing the grand total for the day to five projectile vomiting episodes. Our car has never been so stinky.


Almost the second we got to Moab we went to the drugstore and bought baby pepto and dramamine. If that doesn't work, I am not afraid to ask the pediatrician for baby phenergan. I know that'll work.


When we were actually in Moab, it wasn't so bad. We got to see my mom for an hour or so before she had to go to bed because she is as nuts as we are and got up the next morning at four to drive to Salt Lake and watch Chase. Aiden got to spend some quality time with Papa C. without Gramma C. around, and he got to play with Rina, Bitt-me, uncle, G-ma, Papa and Grandma G. to his little hearts content.


This is another of those century+ old toys that Kenny used to play with and that Aiden now likes to play with.


This one is in the middle of a "yee-haw"!


We went to the graduation Tuesday night, and it was actually kind of nice although let me say-Sounds Grand sounded absolutely awful. And what is with kids these days (that kind of makes me sound like an old man, doesn't it?)? Almost all of them (except for a select few that actually wore nice clothes under their gowns) were wearing something ridiculous and attention grabbing. There was a large extended family sitting behind us and they all (even the grandma and grandpa) were wearing bright pink wigs, or had dyed their hair a very bright shade of pink for the occasion. I wanted to turn around and tell them that the school colors are RED and white. Pink isn't even an accent color!


Graduation got over at 9:30 and we were out of town by ten. I drugged my boy by crushing up his dramamine and slipping it into his milk. He slept most of the way, although he didn't sleep well. His eyes didn't open once till we stopped in Beaver for gas, but about an hour into the drive he wouldn't relax unless I was holding his foot. Yeah, he's weird. Tell me something I don't know. We got home at three. am. Three in the morning. Yuck.


The next day Aiden was clingy, grouchy, sleepy, and running a slight fever. I'll never do that again.

4 comments:

Kimbrey said...

Oh man- what a nightmare. It sounded like a nightmare when I heard you were going to Moab for a night. I hope you never have to do that again... what's the deal with graduation being on a Tuesday anyways?

Moab Cozzens said...

Everyone needs to do that once just to make the determination never to do it again, and even then you will because as time goes by you'll convince yourself it wasn't that bad or that this time will be different. I'm speaking from experience here. Glad I got to see you for a few minutes while you were here.

The Odd Couple said...

Jill you can e-mail me what you want if you know what scents you want. Or you can call me and tell me...I take credit cards/debit cards. If you don't know then you can tell me what you've liked so far and I can reccommend some that I really like. I will probably be headed up there in the next little bit because my sister just moved there. I would love to serve you in all your scentsy needs. If you're bored this weekend you can come to my open house (my sister is coming down on Saturday morning) I bet you could carpool because she doesn't know a whole lot of people in St. George yet. I've had quite the week too...been sick from Sunday til Wednesday and then woke up with this horrible rash all over my face, neck, and back. Our neighborhood mailboxes got broken into so all our mail got stolen and now we have to worry about identity theft and credit card fraud. Crap! Well I think this is long enough comment...e-mail me or call me.

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

You are brave for attempting that. Especially after the vomit. That is one thing I don't do. At least it wasn't all over you. That's what happens when Katy vomits. It ends up in my hair and all down me. i can do any bodily fluid except vomit.