Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Turkeys

We spent this last weekend in Moab, because the time is finally here for Kenny to find and shoot his turkey. I'm probably about as happy as he is, because for the last two months all Kenny has been talking about is hunting turkeys. And if you think that's obnoxious, you should hear the noise the turkey call makes. Yuck. Anyway, while Kenny was out hunting all weekend Aiden and I hung out with my family, and then when Kenny came back into town we went over to his parents and hung out some more.
This is Aiden's aunt Karrina or "Rina" as he calls her. She's one of his favorite people.

We went for a little walk and did a little bit of 1, 2, 3 swing.

Then we went to the park and told Daddy that if he could make it all the way across the monkey bars, we would give him fifty dollars. Then when he did make it, we changed it and pretended we had said fifty cents.

My mom took this picture and you can see what a difference the fancy pants camera makes!
Aiden can't do anything without being a little bit of a ham!
We tried so hard to get him to stand by these pretty leafy rocks, and the only way we could get him to stay there for any length of time was to give him a stick and tell him to put it over by the rocks. When we give him a task, he takes it pretty seriously.

We stopped to let him have a drink from the cute little drinking fountain, and it didn't matter how far he stuck his tongue out, he couldn't get to the water until my dad let him stand on his foot.When he finally decided he couldn't get to the water, he decided to play in it instead.

We had a great time, and because Kenny didn't get his turkey we are going back for another long weekend this weekend. We love going to Moab, it seems like we don't get to go back often enough, and when we do it doesn't last nearly enough time. We love spending our time with our family, and it's nice to always be welcome, even when Aiden is a brat! We're working on that.

4 comments:

The Odd Couple said...

Very cute pictures of Aiden and your family. Looks like fun and I know your mom loves seeing you! And actually, I don't remember ever getting mad at you saying my hair looks like a rooster...obviously I wasn't too mad or I would've remembered. Sorry if I was mean...occasionally I can be. Love ya girl!

Kimbrey said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I am glad Kenny didn't get his turkey and you are going back to Moab because it seems like we NEVER get to see you! See you this weekend!

Moab Cozzens said...

Actually, it's not so much the camera, thats the difference a cute boy and photoshop makes. I don't think you can show anyone that picture and then make them believe that boy is anything less than an angel:) Looking forward to seeing you all again this weekend

Dustin and Kristin said...

It is so fun to get a break and even better when you get to visit with the family. We love our weekends away. Of course, it doesn't happen often enough. Aiden is so darling. He looks like such a fun boy.