Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kenny wanted me to let you all know that this post is from both of us, and this is the only place I could find to fit it in

I wanted to write this post for our mom's first, because we didn't get our Mother's Day cards in the mail in time, and they are not going to get to their destination by tomorrow. Second, because we didn't get any mother's day gifts because we are trying to save up for that next baby and we figured you would understand!

The first person I want to thank is my very own momma. She raised me to be as normal as I can be, and kept me fairly well dressed as I grew up. My mom has always been one of my very best friends, and there were a lot of times growing up that I would rather hang out with my mom than anyone else. Except of course, if we were doing something awful, like cleaning the basement, or weeding outside, or canning something. Those were times I would rather hang out with someone else. One thing that I absolutely loved was that she was the stake young women's president during my entire time in young women's, and that meant that she was always at the stake activities, including youth conferences and, most importantly, girls camp. I think my life would be entirely different if my mom hadn't been at girls camp all those times, I shudder to think what I would have done without her there. I am grateful that no matter what, I can always call my mom and she is there to answer my silly questions, give me recipes, or just chit-chat. My mom has been an amazing example to me throughout my entire life of the person I want to be, and someday I hope to have even just a little bit of the talent she has.

The next is Kenny's mom, my mother in law. She is an example to me of someone who will do anything for her family, she works hard and does so much for her family and others who need it. She has a great sense of humor, and we always have fun just talking and laughing. She has always been a friend to me, when Kenny was on his mission I used to go over to their house just to visit them, because she made me feel welcome in their home. She loves Aiden so much, and is a wonderful grandma! One thing that I am very grateful for is that she taught Kenny to be a loving parent.

This post is already way too long, because there is a cute little treat at the end for the grandmas, but I also want to say thank you and Happy Mother's Day to the other mothers in our lives. To our Grandmas, and our aunts, and our cute sisters that are mothers, thank you for your example! We love you.

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

I really dislike mother's day as a rule but this one really rocked. I got to spend yesterday with Chase and Porter, today I got that much anticipated phone call from France, and now a personal mother's day message from cute little Aiden. Mother's day is much better as a gramma that it ever was as a mom!! And by the way Jill, you are also one of my best friends - so move back home, huh?

Kimbrey said...

That video is the cutest. I love seeing the videos you post. It makes me feel more involved even though I don't get to see Aiden (or you guys) as much as I would like