Friday, April 11, 2008

Some things about me that you may or may not know

  • I hate to talk on the phone, except for family members or good friends. I actually get anxiety when I have to call someone. I'd rather just leave a message than talk to some people.
  • I have an irrational fear of balloons, and refrigerated rolls. I am physically incapable of blowing up a balloon past half it's capacity, and I am also unable to open a container of refrigerated roll dough (you know the ones that pop?)
  • I am also afraid of bears and sharks which is kind of irrational because I've never seen either outside of the zoo and the aquarium.
  • I have more embarrasing moments than I can even remember.
  • I get emberrassed easily, and I turn bright red at the slightest hint of nervousness or anxiety. Which doesn't help at all in my job as a nurse because when I am trying to act calm and reassuring, I get all red and blotchy and people start asking what's the matter with you?
  • I have really fat ankles. Kenny calls them kankles because my calves just kind of go right into my feet. Where most people have a bone on their ankles, I have a dimple.
  • I have really super high arches, and super wide feet which makes wearing and buying shoes really awful for me. I hate shopping for shoes.
  • I hate to be cold. I really really hate to be cold.
  • I love being a nurse. I think I'm a pretty good one.
  • I have no idea how to be a mom, I'm pretty much just playing it by ear, hopefully we don't mess up too badly, I really want Aiden to be happy and successful as a person. He's really an amazing kid.
  • I don't really have a "very best friend" I had a best friend in high school, and I had a lot of really good friends in college, but now Kenny is my "very best friend" and my mom and my sisters (Michelle can we be sisters? I really like saying sisters rather than sister-not that you aren't a great sister, Kimbrey, you are. I think it just makes me sound cooler to have multiple sisters) and brothers are my good friends.
  • I love to eat, my favorite is mashed potatoes and gravy, and some kind of chicken or roast.
  • I am very picky about meats, they have to be cooked really well or I just can't eat them.
  • I like hot dogs.
  • I don't know where my next baby is going to come from. Kind of wierd right?
  • I find random people fascinating, and I try as hard as I can (without being overly wierd or obsessive) to get to know them, and more importantly, to get them to know me.
  • I was really wierd in high school, and thank goodness for college, I think my roommates at Snow kind of normalized me a little (as much as they could).
  • I didn't start tweezing my eyebrows until I was in college because it hurt too much.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Of course we can be sisters! I always refer to you two as my sisters as well. Such interesting things I didn't know about you...

Moab Cozzens said...

I once heard of the mirror self image - "I'm not what I think I am and I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am." Pretty profound, huh? For instance, I think you are a great mom. You wouldn't know it by watching you that you don't just have motherhood all figured out. You, Michelle and Kimbrey are all the kind of mothers I wish I had been :) And I think you are right about being a good nurse. You are really good at nursing - among a lot of other things.

Kimbrey said...

I laugh to myself as I read this list and think about a lot of them sounding familiar (I'm more like you than I would have liked to admit in high school). I also never thought that I would someday call you one of my best friends, but oh how things change :)