Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fishing Fun

On Friday we went out to Quail Creek (which is actually a lake) and tried out some fishing. I really wanted to introduce Aiden to a real live fish, since the only fish he knows comes from his bath tub, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, and from Great Grandma Gordon's freakishly gigantic goldfish.
This time we were able to let him off his leash (just for those of you who are concerned, no we really don't keep him on a leash) because he was good and didn't try to bolt into the water. I think he realized it was cold. The wind was blowing really hard that day, and he kept saying "brrrr, brrrr, cold!". At first he just sat with Kenny and tried his hand at fishing for about 1.23 minutes. Then, as he is prone to do, he got bored and decided to find a new task. So, I showed him just how fun trowing rocks into the water could be. Score! We had a new game that lasted us about half an hour.We started a little game of one, two, three. He would bend over and pick up a rock (I didn't get any pictures of that because I had to hold onto him as he bent over or he would topple head first into the water) and that was one. Then on two, he got the rock ready, and on three he would throw it. Sounds simple enough right? Well, it took us the entire half hour to get that down.But it was always worth it when he saw that splash. His favorite splashes, of course were the big ones that come from the bigger rocks. So, whenever he could, he threw the biggest rock he could find, but most of the time the bigger rocks didn't even make it to the water. Finally, we (Aiden) got tired of the wind and we decided to pack things up and we headed to the little man made fish pond near our house. There was less wind, and less rocks and dirt being flung into our eyes, but the fishing didn't get any better, so after about an hour there we headed home. Aiden still has yet to meet a "real" fish, but I'm sure there are many fishing trips in our future!

2 comments:

Kimbrey said...

How much fun! I don't blame Aiden, fishing IS kinda boreing

Moab Cozzens said...

Fishing gets to be pretty exciting . . . when you actually catch a fish :)