At that meeting she told us that she felt that "this baby", meaning Aiden, would be musically gifted, or musically inclined, or just in general, a music lover. We promised her we would make sure he had opportunities to realize his love of music, and develop any musical talents.
So, since he first came into our home I have taken that responsibility seriously, singing him lullabies, putting music on while he sleeps, and buying a piano so I can play for him (or so he can play for me, which is what usually happens) and take lessons later. He loves to listen to music, and he loves to be sung to. If he's upset, or hurt, or tired, or not feeling well, or just in a melancholy mood, he likes to be cradled in my arms and I sing him reverent primary songs. Music makes his world go round. That, and popcorn and smoothies.
When conference rolled around this year, I wasn't sure he would be able/willing to sit around and listen to the talks, and honestly, he wasn't. Until the choir started to sing. He would stop what he was doing every time, and run, sit down and listen. Then as soon as the song was over and another speaker started talking, he was begging them to be "done, please"so that he could listen to the people "sing a song" again.
Imagine his delight, when the kids started singing for the primary choir. He was in heaven.
2 comments:
Ah, a music lover. A little boy after my own heart. Popcorn, smoothies and music. What a great world!
What good parents you are! I wish I had some if any music ability in my life, my poor kids.
Post a Comment