Saturday, October 11, 2008

Guess what I got today!

Just take a guess.

Jessica, you can't guess.

Any ideas? I'll give you a hint. I've whined openly on blog and in person about not having one.

I've wanted one badly for at least six months.

It takes much better pictures than my little piece of junk point and shoot.

Got it now? That's right! It's a brand spanking new Canon digital SLR camera. (Well, new to me anyway.) And, I'll tell you, I think it was meant to be. I went to our Relief Society's Freaky Friday (kind of like Super Saturday maybe?) and saw my friend Jessica (who by the way, takes awesome pictures) and she had a camera in her hands that was NOT the Rebel I knew she had previously. Anyway, I asked about her old one and she offered me a really great deal on it. Just so you know, Jessica, you wouldn't make a very good salesman. It took me less than twelve hours to decide I wanted it, and I went to pick it up.

I've spent all day long carrying it around like it's my buddy, trying to figure it out. It'll take me some time, I'm sure, so please don't expect anything very great from me. But, just so you know, I'm super excited and while I'm figuring out my new camera I'll probably bombard you with too many average or less than average shots of whatever the heck I feel like because now I have a fancy pants camera.

5 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Good for you Jill! Thats awesome, I can't wait to see those pictures you take from that fancy pants camera.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

YEAH!!! I guessed it the minute I read your blog title. How fun! I hope you have as much fun as I have been having with mine.

Unknown said...

Paul also told me that I wouldn't make a very good salesman HA HA! I just REALLY wanted you to get it! I can't wait to see the pics you post and if you have any questions PLEASE ask.

Chelle said...

Congratulations! Have fun with it!

Moab Cozzens said...

This is your mother. You can't post a blog about a new camera without posting picture taken WITH that camera. Now repent and show us some pictures! I'm so happy for you :)