Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad

First of all, Happy Father's Day. We are so lucky to have dads.
Kenny is a great dad. Aiden loves him so much, and they have so much fun together. So many times I have to run in the room because I can hear Aiden screaming, but it is just because he's been laughing so hard all there is left is a scream. If Aiden is awake when Kenny leaves in the morning for work, I know my morning is going to be a little harder because Aiden can't stand for his daddy to leave. Kenny gets home at about five every day, and by 3:30-4:00 Aiden is watching out the window and asking for "Daddy". You should Aiden's face light up when his daddy is finally home, it's the cutest thing in the world. He loves his Daddy.

My dad is one of my many hero's. He is honest, trustworthy, loyal, and pretty much anything you would expect of a boy scout. He has held many church positions and has always honored his priesthood. I was always grateful growing up that I had the priesthood in my home, and that my dad would be able to give me or any of my family a blessing if we ever needed it. If I ever have any problems involving something mechanical, my dad is the first person I call and he can usually help, or tell me where to go to get help. One time I was driving from Price to Cedar City and I broke down in Sigurd (by Richfield) and my dad (and my mom) drove three hours to pick me up in Richfield and promptly drove to Salt Lake to buy a new car so that I could drive my mom's old one. I never felt helpless with my dad only a phone call away. Aiden loves his Poppa too, he loves to visit and see Al and Jake.
From Kenny to Kent: Happy Father's Day. Thanks for being the good example the you are, and thanks for helping me to become the father that I am today. I continue to look to you for your example in my life. We love you.


Here is a big Father's Day kiss from Aiden, to his Dad and Grandpa's. Thanks for everything and we love you so much.

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

Hey, I want a copy of that picture of Kenny and Aiden. It's really cute! Michelle is getting me one of Kyle and Porter, so I am going to have to start a "dad and baby" wall. It looks like you had fun. Makes me want to go camping.