Thursday, June 12, 2008

Piano Man: part two

I know you're thinking I've already done this post. And you're right. I kind of have. But Aiden has grown up some since the last time I posted about his love for the piano. He no longer plays nonsense, randomly pounding whatever he feels like. He plays with purpose and meaning now.


Where he used to climb up and play his heart out without a care in the world, he has grown a little more picky with his talent. Now, he has to have a book to play from. He's not picky about the book, he just has to have one.That's his Do's and Dont's book. He likes to read it, over and over again, but we didn't know until last night that he has the ability to play it. He even stops at all the right parts to turn the page and then starts playing again, right where he left off just like a pro.

Doesn't he look like he's right in the middle of a piano lesson, reading notes and playing the music right off the page? If the book he's playing from didn't say:

DO wear your Dad's pajamas, DON'T wear them to school

He might have fooled you.

5 comments:

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

You got to love this guy.

The Johnsons said...

He looks like he really knows what he is doing. I love the book he is playing out of...

Moab Cozzens said...

Yes!! Finally, a piano lover. I just hope he keeps loving it.

Moab Cozzens said...

Cute new page header, by the way - is that what you call it? I'll miss Aiden's little face among the flowers, though.

Kimbrey said...

I love it! When we were in Moab last- I sat down next to him on Mom's piano and was playing with him and he would play a couple notes and change pages in the hymn book and play some more. I thought that was soo funny!