Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Every spare minute lately has been spent here . . .

This is the swimming pool at our new Community Center. There are all kinds of fun things to do here, but these are a few of Aiden's favorite things to do here.
See that big bucket on the very top? Ok, well it doesn't look that big, but it is. Aiden loves and hates that bucket at the same time. See it filling up with water? Aiden likes to watch it fill with water, and then when it starts to do this . . .
You better hope you aren't under that big waterfall with Aiden anywhere around, because he goes crazy and tries to climb you, and tear off your face. He loves to watch the water spill from a distance. It is very fascinating as long as he isn't in the path of that water.

This however, is where Aiden spends all of his time here at the pool. He loves it because he can do it all by himself. He doesn't have to ride with mom or dad, and that makes everything better!
We do, however, have to stand at the bottom of the slide and tell him to sit on his bum, or he tries to run right down. He never has made it all the way to the bottom of the slide on his feet, but I think that may be a goal of his.



Each of these pictures are of a different sliding experience. My camera isn't fast enough to get shots of him all the way down, so it is lucky for me that Aiden is willing to go down that slide thousands of times so I can get all the shots I want.

What cute boys! They love to swim together. I have taken Aiden swimming a few times, but Kenny and Aiden go ALL THE TIME. They love it. Almost as soon as Aiden gets up in the morning he asks to go swimming.

Another favorite thing of Aiden's is to be wrapped up in his towel when he is ready to get out of the pool. He just starts asking for his towel, and we know he is ready!
It seems like we waited for so long for this communty center to be finished, and now that it has been here for about a month now, we just love it. Now we just need to start using the other things it has to offer, like the gym, and the track, and all the exercise machines!

5 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

What a fun community center!! See, there are a few perks you get when you're not living in Moab. Just a few, though :)

The Johnsons said...

That place is really neat. I wish we had something like that. I thought our water slide at our pool was cool but I think yours tops that. We might just have to come for a visit.

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

Forget the exercise equipment. It's overrated. Just enjoy the swimming!

Kari said...

I am loving the pool--so much fun. Looks like just the thing to keep and active boy happy in the hot summer months.

Kimbrey said...

Looks like all that waiting for the community center was worth it! I wish we had one of those close by- it looks like a blast (and I'm not even a 2 year old :)