Aiden. My boy. My very best buddy.
Oh, I love him more than my little heart can take sometimes.
He is so precious to me.
I am so proud of his every accomplishment. He is such a smart boy.
At his last parent teacher conference, his teacher just raved about how amazing he is.
He is the best reader in his class, reading on a third grade level.
He is also an all around good kid, and has been included in the "Principle's 500 Club"
twice. It basically means that he's been recognized for being a good kid.
Aiden loves to study about things that strike his interest. He loves learning about and is
obsessed with almost all natural disasters. Most specifically, tornadoes, volcanoes and earthquakes.
He likes to study how they work, and random facts about them. He writes endlessly about them, things that he's learned, and things that he wonders about them.
He collects pictures of tornadoes from the internet, and glues them into his "Tornado book".
He's also been very into hamsters, snakes, and birds. He checks out books from the library
and reads them to find out more about them. And then he walks around spouting off information
that he's learned about them. He worked hard to earn the money for a hamster a while ago,
and when he finally got him, he named him Sonic. He was thrilled with Sonic and loved to
sit and watch him, and show him off to his friends.
One day he and his friends were over, and they went upstairs to see his hamster. He came back down
a few minutes later. "Mom, I have some bad news. Sonic's dead!"
Then all three of them started telling me about how they poked him with their fingers to try to wake him up. So I sent them in to wash their hands. I went into the bathroom to check on them, and Aiden was sobbing. It broke my heart into a thousand pieces to see him mourning something that he loved so much. He was so sad most of the day, and his sweet friends tried so hard to cheer him up.
That night we had a funeral and buried Sonic. Aiden gave a little eulogy, which broke my heart again.
He is so sweet. He is so tender hearted. I love him endlessly.
About a week ago, he got a new hamster buddy. He already loves him, and I'm preparing
for another broken heart, because hamsters just don't live very long.
1 comment:
What tender mercies to get to have these two kiddos as your very own. Proof that Heavenly Father makes all unfairness right.
Post a Comment