Thursday, March 21, 2013

color me rad

Oh heaven's, it's been a while!
I haven't had the time or patience lately to blog, and I keep getting
further and further behind. Which only made it harder.
 
So I made a decision, important photos will get posted no matter what.
I don't have time to edit all these photos I'm behind on,
so I will post them unedited. Some are terrible, some are not.
 
Here goes...
 
Way back at the beginning of November, Kenny and Aiden "ran"
the Color Me Rad race that came to St. George. Aiden had been so excited about running,
and wanted to run a short race. We had been talking about signing him up for a 5k,
and when we heard about this one, we were sure it would be so much fun for him.
 
And it would have been, had it not been the coldest day of the year so far. No joke.
We were all frozen the second we got out of the car. Those of us who didn't have to
run, (everyone but Kenny and Aiden) got to go sit in the car till closer to the start.
 
My parents and my sister's family came down for the weekend, so they were there to cheer
Aiden on too. My mom and I waited, huddled in a shared blanket while everyone else
waited in warm cars.
 
 
 
 
After what seemed like forever, we saw them. Aiden looked frozen and miserable,
but he kept trudging on to the finish line.
 

Kenny had made (or glued letters to) t-shirts for he and Aiden to wear.
Aiden's says "Hamsters please" (a random, funny thing he said a lot at the time)
Kenny's says "Run fat boy run" (it speaks for itself, really)

Turns out, Aiden isn't a cold weather runner. He's not a cold weather boy at all, actually.
He trudged his way through the entire race.
Kenny tried, without success, to get him to move faster through the entire race, but
the poor boy was freezing. He had his coat on for most of it, but took it off at the color stations
to get colored up.
 

If these photos weren't completely over exposed, you would be able to see their matching
RAD tattoos on the backs of their legs.
 
Good times! Hopefully we can convince Aiden to run again.

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

Oh, that just reminds me of how cold it was that day! Cold, but fun :)