But still. It feels like forever ago.
The kids and I hung out at Kimbrey and Daniel's house for a while Saturday, then headed to Lehi to hang out with Kenny's family, who happened to all be up at Brittney's for the weekend.
Sunday was a crazy day. Capri woke up with a fever, so Aiden and I went to church while she and Kenny stayed at the house. Through the day Capri's fever got higher and higher, and tylenol just wasn't really cutting it. We went to bed that night, ready to get up early in the morning to head to the airport. At about 11:00 Capri woke up crying, and she was so hot. I panicked, and we headed to the ER. She was so sick already, and her fever was only going up. I was afraid that she would be so much more sick by morning, and that it would interfere with our travel plans. We had given her tylenol before heading to the ER, and by the time we got there her fever had come down quite a bit. I started feeling stupid that our first ER trip was for something so stupid. When we got back into a "room" they took her temp. and even though it had come down quite a bit, it was still 102. So they tested her for strep, and looked in her ears. The doctor was a huge jerk, and probably judged us for coming in for something non-emergent. Long story short, (haha! I know, it's already long) they treated her for an ear infection, and gave her some ibuprofen to bring her fever down. Once it was down, we went back to Kimbrey and Daniel's and tried to sleep before we had to get up again!
It was just a good way to get us nice and worn out for a long day of traveling.
I can't really complain though, at least we didn't have to drive to Oregon, like half of the family!
The kids were loving watching the planes out the window.
I was as excited for Aiden's first flight as I was nervous for Capri's first flight.
Capri screamed from pretty much the time we stepped onto the plane until she fell asleep as we were taking off. Thank goodness for the late night, otherwise she probably wouldn't have been sleepy enough.
Aiden loved most of the flight, he liked watching out the window, and playing games on the Kindle. He had also brought along his homework, since he was missing an entire week of school. He got his first "wings" and was so proud to wear them. He did great until the plane started to descend, and he started to feel pressure in his ears. He couldn't get his ears to pop, and started to scream and and became even more of a problem than Capri was!
We flew into Portland, got into our rental mini van, and drove two hours to the coast, and to our beautiful little beach house in Pacific City.
2 comments:
Wow, you left out the part about getting to the house and there was NO KEY!! Panic situation for me! I tried calling the owner, but she didn't answer and I was just SICK! I was sure we had just "bought beachfront property in Arizona". But it all worked out in the end. Best Vaca EVER!!! so far . . .
Yay for Oregon! More posts please!
Post a Comment