Over the last month or so we've had some pets of all different varieties.
It started when Kenny and Aiden went fishing,and came home with several tadpoles,
hoping to watch the tadpole to frog process, then set them free again.
We started with four tadpoles, lost a few (they died) but one turned into the cutest,
tiniest little frog. I said they could keep it a little longer, then it died.
So Kenny went back and caught a few more tadpoles, all of which died.
And they got grosser and grosser. So I said NO MORE!
One day the boys headed back to the lake, and I said
"please DON'T come home with any tadpoles."
And they didn't.
What they did come home with were FOUR giant crawdads.
They were way worse than the tadpoles! Crawling all over each other...*shudder*
The same day, we got to pet sit Zander's "pet" grasshopper.
That was the point where I realized, weird pets must be a boy thing.
Luckily for everyone, we didn't keep the crawdads long.
We headed right back out to the fishing pond they had caught them at, and threw them back.
Nasty!
Aiden was pretty hesitant to touch them,
but I wanted him to throw at least one back in.
After he did it once, he decided they weren't so scary if you hold them right.
See ya, wouldn't want to BE YA!
Gathering the courage to grab the last (and biggest) one.
Not super happy about it, but he did it!
Made me pretty happy to go home to our regular old dog.









No comments:
Post a Comment