Thursday, November 3, 2011

halloween

Halloween didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought it was going to be.
I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween.
I liked it more when I was a kid and Halloween meant LOTS of FREE candy.
Now, to me it just means stress.


This year, I worked all night the night before Halloween, and was exhausted
by the time I got home, just in time to get Aiden dressed in his costume and off to school.
That morning at 10:00 he had a costume parade at school, so Capri and I went down for that.
My pictures didn't turn out.
All day I was sleepy and bedraggled, so after Aiden got home from school,
I made everyone lay down and nap, so I could rest.
I woke up around 4:00 remembering I had no plans for dinner, and panicked.
Luckily, my mom had a suggestion, and by some miracle,
I had just what I needed to make these cute mummy dogs.


After dinner we hurried (the kids) into costumes to get some trick or treating done before bedtime.

We started in our own neighborhood, but nobody was home (as I figured would happen),
so we headed elsewhere.
Aiden wanted so badly to go trick or treating at Miss Katy's (his preschool teacher from last year)
so we went to her neighborhood, and luckily ran into her on the street,
and he got to see her and talk to her for a minute. He's been missing her lately :(

After that, we headed to our ward to trick or treat at some of the houses that we know (well, we know the people that live in them. Not the houses themselves.)

It turned out to be a fun night, and the kids got plenty of candy (which we turned into cash
 the next day at the dentist's office. Ca-ching!)




2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Oh CUTE! But I'm confused. . . what happened to Aladdin and Jazmine - with Kenny being the Genie? I was all set for that.

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

They are so cute. Hope you got the treat Lydia left on the door step for the kiddos.