Friday, November 18, 2011

day three-at sea

Day three was really fun.
And really relaxing.

It started out, of course, with a breakfast buffet.
Then we went to the pool for little swimming/suntanning/
(I was determined to come home a little darker than the shade of marshmallow I was when I left.)
and reading.

Then they announced the beginning of the Sexiest Man on Earth contest,
and Kenny thought he'd better enter, to give the other contestants some competition.

Just look at that big piece of man candy right there.
Oh yeah, he's mine. :) 

The lineup. They were looking for ten guys, but only got seven to swallow
their pride and enter.
 They started out by asking the guys each a question, and the question was-
"Why do you think you are the Sexiest Man on Earth"?

Kenny's answer?
"Because I have the lady that can testify that I am the Sexiest Man on Earth."
So then the host, and the cameraman, start looking for his lady.
"Is she here?" they ask.
And Kenny starts looking for me.
Since he had seen me last, I had moved several times the get in a good position for photos.
He looked around for a few seconds, but I didn't want to be on camera, so I hid.
When Kenny couldn't find me right away, the host just laughed.
I am a GREAT wife.
 So then they just got on with the competition.
The next part of the competition consisted of dancing solo,
front and center in front of the judges (middle aged ladies).


Oh yes. These are his dancing skills.

This is why Aiden stands NO chance.
Probably not Capri either, though so far she shows great promise.


After he got done with this move, he was done and walked away.
As he was walking away, the host said
"Wow. I have three letters for you, buddy. S-P-F."

Kenny got a little sunburned the day before, riding the flow rider all day long.


After each individual contestant danced solo, they all converged and danced together for a while.
It was interesting. This competition may have been one of my favorite parts of the week. :)


Unfortunately, Kenny just didn't have what they were looking for.


This is the guy that won. The only guy over fifty, really.
The other guys didn't stand a chance.

After this, we went and got showered and dressed for the ice show.
It was pretty cool, and all of the skaters were pretty amazing skaters considering there were so many of them on such a small ice rink.
There was even an ice skater that did pretty awesome tricks with hoola hoops. 

After all that we headed to dinner, and finally met the people we shared a table with.
I was really dreading eating and making conversations with strangers, but it wasn't so bad.

Right after dinner, Po from Kung Fu Panda was out and about so we got the kids
pictures taken with him.


The end.

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Kenny only entered that contest because he wants to be a blog star. Too bad I wasn't a judge, I'd have voted him it :)

Unknown said...

I seriously can't stop laughing at Kenny's dance moves...especially the last pic! So fun!