One of my favorite things to do throughout the cruise, was go out on the outside deck on deck four, and just watch the ocean go by. It was cool to lean over the side and feel the spray, watch the waves come off the ship, and stare off into the nothingness. As far as you can see, nothingness.
Another favorite, was the cupcake cupboard. I wandered past this cute little place at least daily. The cupcakes were $2.50, so we hadn't ever gotten one, we just looked at them. And drooled a little. On the last day, we each got one.
They were pretty amazing. I got red velvet, and Kenny picked chocolate vanilla. Yum.
On the last day, they had a demonstration on the Promenade of the kitchen, dining room, and housekeeping staff and the cool things they do. They each demonstrated their skills, from crafting desserts, to folding napkins. From folding towel animals, to sculpting art out of fruit. This guy was pretty amazing. He did awesome ice sculptures, and fruit sculpting. At each meal they had fruit sculptures displayed all over, and today we got to see him do his thing.
See how cute? It's all fruit!! (And vegetables.)
Another of my very favorite things, was the self-serve soft serve ice cream station on Deck 11, right by the pool. I may or may not have had an ice cream every day.
Probably the place we hung out the most, besides the buffet and the pool, was the flow rider. 99% of the time, it was Kenny that was doing the wave riding, and I was sitting, and watching, and reading. It was actually really fun to just sit and watch people do it all the time. Especially the ones that were really good at it.
I had already done it once, and it hadn't ended well. I wasn't planning on doing it ever again, but it bugged me that I had no photographic evidence that I had done it. So I did it one more time, and I threatened Kenny to within an inch of his life that he had better get at least one picture before I crashed. I had set up all the settings so that he just had to take the picture, but by the time it was my turn, the sun had come out from behind a cloud. So the pictures are a bit....bright.
I did so good! All I wanted was a picture. But after I got down on the boogie board, and I knew Kenny had been able to get a picture, I didn't know what to do. I wasn't crashing, and I wasn't going to crash on purpose! So I tried to get up on my knees. That had ended it pretty well for most people, so I tried. And then I was on my knees! So then I got my balance, and let go of the board. And then I was doing no hands, and wasn't crashing. I was a total rock star! Finally, I didn't know what else to do, so I let my board turn sideways so I would crash. It wasn't pretty, but I accomplished my goal for sure! So fun.
After boogie boarding, they had the flow rider open for stand up surfing, which Kenny hadn't tried yet. It looked significantly harder than boogie boarding, but he really wanted to at least try, so he did. It didn't go really well, but I was able to get one picture where he was upright, and was not holding onto the hands of the real surfer that was helping him.
Something we did a lot of was head out to the very front of the ship on deck five. It was pretty cool to stand at the forward most point of the ship with closed eyes, it felt like we were flying. We did NOT do the Titanic "I'm the king of the world" thing, but it was tempting :)
I swear we did not wander around the entire time in our swimming clothes, but it seems like it, because it's all we are wearing in all the pictures.
The skies against the ocean we incredible to look at, I couldn't get a picture that was equally amazing.
These are the people that we ate dinner with most nights. Mike and Adrianna from Florida, they were so nice. Kenny and Mike got along pretty well, and Adrianna and I had a lot in common. They were the only couple we met and got to know that were younger than our parents :)
Over all, we had a great time and would not miss going again if the opportunity presented itself again. It's great to be home now, but we definitely had a great time while we were there.















1 comment:
Brings back memories of when Ryan and I went for our honeymoon. I've enjoyed all your post, makes me want to go. Next time we should go with you :)
Post a Comment