Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a trip to the farm

Over the weekend, Kenny's whole family came to visit for the weekend,
and on Saturday, we all went to the farm.


We started out at the petting zoo.


Aiden was not pleased with the smell, and wouldn't touch any
of the animals.


Capri is not especially fond of animals either, but I think it's just
because she's confused about them.
She's fine with stuffed animals, and animals that don't move, but as soon
as they start to move or make noise, she starts screaming
"no, no!" at them.


She was fine with someone holding her, so she was higher than the animals,
and could yell at them at will. But when we set her down amidst them to pet them,
she cried inconsolably.


And this is why we didn't spend much time at the petting zoo.

They have a new "giant pillow" for jumping, so the kids ran for it.
Well, Aiden ran for it, and Capri followed Aiden.


She didn't really enjoy jumping much, but she found a little plastic "shovel,
and found much pleasure in digging.












Aiden and Kaitlynn rode the little tractor-train together. Kaitlynn was not a fan.
I think if Aiden hadn't been with her, she may have bailed.


After that, we headed out to the best part of the day, the Corn Maze.
I've never in my life done a corn maze, I always thought they were scary, and I don't
like scary things. But it wasn't scary at all, it was really fun!


Not everyone was feeling one hundred percent, so the ones that were
feeling ok, went. This is our crew.


Just starting out.


Consulting the "map" ten minutes in. The "map" did us no good.
We got through it on our good sense alone.


The kids found random corn cobs on the ground to haul around.


Aiden finds it physically impossible to look at me and smile at the same time
when I'm holding a camera.
He can look at me, and he can smile, but he can not to both.


Capri had so much fun running around wherever she wanted,
and being carried whenever she wanted.




Aiden got a little worried. I guess we teased him a little too much that we might
get lost in the corn forever and have to live on cow corn.



After the corn maze, we headed out to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin.
I have to admit, the pumpkin patch was WAY less lame than it has been in years past.


Our pumpkin patch crew. It actually is different from the corn maze crew. 


She found lots of pumpkins to try to pick up.
Not successful with any of them though.
And then she tripped and fell down, and that ended all of the fun.

Aiden found his prize pumpkin, so the day was ultimately a success. 
He still wouldn't look at me, though

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

What a fun day :) WAY more fun than driving to City Market and buying a pumpkin.

Chelle said...

Looks like fun. And that little girl of yours is adorable...and getting big too fast!