I didn't even take my camera out of our room this day, so there are no pictures. Sorry :) So there might be a lot of boring words...You may skip this post.
We slept in this day, and didn't even bother going to get breakfast. We just lounged around. I read, and Kenny watched TV. We finally got around to leaving the room to get lunch, then went to play in the pool and watch the belly flop contest. It was pretty fun to watch, but there was no wondering who was going to win. There were several guys that were on the medium to large side, and then there was a man who had to be at least 400lbs, with a belly apron that hung almost to his knees. He had it in the bag before anyone even started.
Other than that, we hung out in the pool and by the pool. I bored Kenny practically to tears. I sat around reading, while he just sat. Eventually of course, we ended up heading to the flow rider. We always seemed to end up there, either just to watch, or for Kenny to play. We went and hung out at the flow rider at least once a day. If it was open to anyone, Kenny participated. If not, we just watched the private lessons. I think it was day three that I tried it once, just to say that I did it once, and to get a picture to prove it. I didn't even last long enough for Kenny to get a picture. And when I "wiped out" my top came down a little...so I vowed to never do it again. It was easier to just sit and read while Kenny played. Best of both worlds.
There was a pretty cool climbing wall on the ship too, as well as a tennis/volleyball/basketball court. We didn't use any of those at all. There was a casino that we only walked through sometimes because it was convenient to use it to get from the front of the ship to the back. On deck five was the Royal Promenade, where there were several shops, but we didn't spend much time there because all they sold was liquor, jewelry, perfume, and wine. And, of course, ice cream and cupcakes.
Since this was our first cruise, we didn't really have any idea what it was really going to be like. I've heard from people that it's the only way to travel, and it's amazing, etc. I'm not going to lie, it was nice to get away and having nothing to do. And for what we got for the price we paid, I feel like it was worth it. But will I ever travel by cruise again? I don't know. Probably not. If I do, it's not going to be seven days, unless there are at least three or four stops and cool things to see and do. We had five "at sea" days, and that was at least one too many. Our ship was huge, one of the 50 biggest cruise ships that exist, but still, a ship is only so big, and there is only so much to do. We were constantly saying to each other "what do you want to do now?" I am glad we went. It was nice, and fun, and relaxing.
Another thing we did a lot of all week, was eat. There was the buffet, which was open almost all the time. It started at 6:30am for breakfast, which went until 11:30 when they seamlessly switched it to lunch till 3:00, and that's when the "afternoon snack" begun. At like 5:15, it closed for a brief time while they got ready for dinner. Then dinner went from 6:15 to 9:00. Besides the buffet, there was a Sorrento's pizza place, a cafe, a Cupcake Cupboard (which I was SO excited about, but then we found out that the cupcakes cost extra...) a Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream place (that cost more too), and a Johnny Rockets. Besides all that, there was free 24 hour room service (which I'm sad to say we didn't take advantage of like I would have liked.) Most nights we went to dinner in the dining room, at the time we were supposed to. But there were a couple of nights we didn't feel like it, so we went to the buffet or Sorrento's, and one night we ate at Johnny Rockets.
On the sixth night, there was a Comedy show that we were excited about. We went early enough that we got good seats, but as soon as the comedy show started, of course it got very uncomfortable, because the comedian was making very dirty jokes, and using very foul language. So we left. And went to bed. The end.
2 comments:
The problem was, Dad and I didn't come. If we had come along as planned, the whole seven days would have been a riot. Admit it ;)
Well you've got to try another one! Don't write off cruises (especially week long cruises) because most of them don't spend 5 DAYS at sea! It's much better if you have several days off the ship! I'm glad you weren't sea sick the entire time though and I'm glad you guys had fun. Maybe next time we'll have to join you!
Post a Comment