Day two was supposed to be our day at CocoCay, Bahamas. We were supposed to sit on the beach, swim in the ocean, drink fancy (non-alcoholic) drinks, and most importantly, go parasailing. The second bummer of the trip (after being sick the first day) was that our stop at CocoCay was cancelled because of wave conditions. Apparently they use a tender service to get people from the boat to the island, and it was too dangerous to do that because of how high the waves were at CocoCay. So, instead of going there, we had an extra "at sea" day.
After I found Kenny, we went to breakfast. My favorite thing to do was eat at the buffet YUM! My favorite thing hands down, was the Croissants. Amazing. I probably ate four or five (they were small...) every morning. After breakfast they announced that since we wouldn't be going to CocoCay, they had the ice rink and other activities opened for something to do. I was excited about the ice rink, so we headed down as soon as it opened.
These pictures are pretty bad, cause it was so dark in there, and because they wouldn't let me take my camera on the ice, so the girl that was handing out shoes offered to take some pictures for us. It was actually really fun. It seemed like it would be harder to ice skate on a moving ship, but I couldn't feel the movement when I was skating around this tiny rink.
I noticed that while I was skating around and around, it was the best I had felt since I got sick the evening before. So I just kept going around and around and around.
It was so nice. It was cool in the ice rink, but not cold. The ice rink was small, but what do you expect on a ship? It was the best to feel so much better so fast.
Weird lighting, I know, but I kinda like the picture :)
After ice skating, we went up to the pool and found the flow rider on the back of the ship, at the very highest point. Kenny wanted to try it out, and I wanted to watch other people do it for a few days before I tried it out. So he went and played on it for probably an hour or two while I sat and watched, took pictures, and read. My mom lent me her Kindle for the week, and I had three books on there that I wanted to finish for sure, so I stayed busy wherever we went!
Kenny was pretty good at it to begin with. For most people, like Kenny, this was their first time doing it and not many people could get up on their knees. Kenny got up on his knees on his second try. Other than watching him do well, the best thing was watching him wipe out. Hilarious!
Next we headed to the pool, and got a picture of the kids playing on the side of the pool. Oh, I was missing them so much by this time!
We saw on the schedule that Alex and King Julian from Madagascar would be in the "Royal Promenade", and we figured the kids would like to meet them, so we headed there when it was time. See how excited Aiden is? :)
This was the first of two formal nights. I am too cheap to pay them $20 for one photo, so I took my own with the timer. I wish I had found a place we could do one standing, because we looked AWESOME!! but we didn't have much time to look around for a place, and it usually worked better to take our own pictures than have someone else do it.
And when we got back to our room, we found our first towel animal. I think this sting ray was my favorite of all of them. It was a nice way to end a better day.












2 comments:
Sorry you missed para sailing but it looks like you had tons of fun anyways. I love that you took those pictures of Aiden and Capri with you. And.. could you please post the rest of your trip faster :) (j/k)
I love the shirt you're wearing while ice skating! And I think your formal picture is awesome :) And I'm with Kimbrey about the faster posts :)
Post a Comment