Monday, November 14, 2011

day one-departing Port Canaveral

  Sunday we headed back to the airport to meet our shuttle to Port Canaveral, to our cruise ship. As we drove up to it, they pointed it out to us, and I knew it was going to be big, but oh my heavens. The ship was HUGE! I couldn't get a very good picture of it, cause there were other ships all over the place. I got pictures of it other days though.
 
  We got on the ship at around noon, and first thing we headed for food. We were so ready to start the continuous eating. There was so much food. Like a Vegas buffet multiplied by five. And there was such a variety too. We did a lot of eating...

  Since we knew we were going to be eating without limits, as soon as we boarded we made a decision to always use the stairs, never the elevators. And so we did. Our ship had fifteen floors all together, with our stateroom being on deck two, and the buffet/swimming pools/where we spent the majority of our time, on deck eleven. We also did a lot of changing clothes, so we'd go upstairs to eat, then go all the way back down to change, then go back up to swim, etc. So we did a lot of walking up and down stairs all day long. I think it helped more than nothing...


Our first meal...


After we ate we just wandered around the ship for a while to see where everything was. We went down and found our little tiny stateroom and took pictures of all of us in our room.


We played about three minutes of miniature golf, before we realized how stupid it was to even try that on a moving ship. And we hadn't even left port yet!


We changed our clothes and went up to the pool deck. There was a kids splash pad area, two big family/fun pools, and one adult only pool. That was the no fun pool, and there were never more than a few old people in it. 


I started out pretty white, and ended just a little less white. I spent a lot of time in the sun, and still can't call myself tan.


When it was time for the boat to leave port we left the pool area and headed for the top deck in the front to watch. It was a pretty slow process to begin with, and then the rain started. 


It was a good thing we still had our swimming suits on.


After we got going we headed around to the back, and found a nice lady who was happy to take our picture with the rainbow. Like my farmer's tan?

For about the first four hours on the ship, I was so excited and overwhelmed at how amazing the ship was, the food, everything. I remember thinking I have to convince my mom to do this. This is so great!  We were scheduled to eat dinner in the dining room at 8:30, so after a while we headed to our room to shower and get dressed. Three hours after the boat started moving, the boat was swaying quite a bit, and I was not feeling so happy anymore. I just kept getting more and more sick, and I even had Dramamine on board. I tried at first to just go anyway, but when I saw the barf bags strategically placed around the ship, and I thought I might need one, I just went back to my room and laid down. And I cried. We had spent so much money on this stupid vacation, and I was sure I was going to spend the while time seasick in bed. I went to sleep while Kenny went to dinner alone. And that's the end of day one.

3 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

See, now I wish I had gone. Only I had SO much fun with your kids . . I need to clone myself so I can be two places at once :)

Chelle said...

Please tell me you didn't spend the whole time seasick?

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

I hope your seasickness got better... With how popular cruises are I hadn't even thought of that being a problem. Maybe I don't ever want to go.