Wednesday, June 29, 2011

summer swimmin'

Because of the ridiculously high temperatures outside lately, we headed to the pool. That's the best place to be, I've decided.

Capri, however, is not so sure. She does not like swimming. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the water is not bathwater warm. She is a pretty big fan of being warm, and not so much of being...not warm.


This was supposed to be a shot of all three of my favorite faces, in a line, and smiling at me. I have about fifteen shots that all look a lot like this one. Photo fail.


After being in the water for an hour, and Capri crying or pouting the entire time, I took her to sit and snuggle in our warm towels while the boys played. After she got dry and warm, she was a lot happier.






And Aiden joined us too!





While Daddy went to get our stuff out of the locker (which turned out to take a lot longer than anticipated) we went out into the sun and lounged.


And played.


This is why, if we do ever adopt again, we are waiting till Capri is around four years old. Aiden is the BEST with Capri. He loves her, he plays with her, he is patient with her, and she loves it.


And hopefully, we'll have a lot more of this going on this summer. Staying cool in the pool, and soaking up the warmth afterward.

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

With those palm trees in the background you could still be in California :)

Emily said...

I like how you said that Aiden is so good with Capri at 4 years. I feel pressure - not even sure where it's coming from - to have my kids close together, but it's so stressful! Thanks for pointing out the advantage in their age differences.