Wednesday, June 15, 2011

day three

I am having to think hard to remember this day...ha ha. This is the day I woke up not feeling awesome. Kenny brought a cold with him and shared it with all of us. Tuesday was our "magic morning" day...the day that we could, with our tickets, get into the park an hour earlier than regular ticket holders. That was the plan anyway. Nobody got up in time to go early, but I woke up and got ready later than Kenny and Aiden, so they went to the park first, then when Capri and I got ready, we joined them. Before we even got there, Kenny and Aiden had ridden Soarin' over California, and Grizzly Rapids. The World of Color show at California Adventure was one that I definitely wanted to see, so I sent Kenny that morning to get the fast pass tickets so we could all see it together that night. The bummer thing was, he forgot my ticket so when I came later I got my ticket, but my ticket was in a separate section from everybody else. At the time I wasn't too worried about it, I just wanted to see the show.




Next Aiden wanted to ride the drop ride (Splash Mountain) and it was a great time for it, so we went to get fast pass tickets. On the way, we ran into Aladdin. There wasn't a long line, so we took a picture. I feel like we got Aiden's picture taken with nearly every character (the important ones anyway) last time, so it wasn't that big a deal to me to get pictures of the characters this time. If there was a long line, we asked Aiden what he wanted. And he usually would rather go on a ride, so we'd usually skip the character. Except Mickey and Minnie of course.


At lunch time we went to eat at a restaurant outside of Disneyland, and on the way back we ran into this lady and her bird. She was doing a presentation outside of the Rainforest Cafe, so we stopped to learn some things. Aiden really wanted to touch the bird, but the lady really was discouraging that, so he just stood by him instead.


My angel baby. She had an ok time on this trip. I wouldn't say she enjoyed it as much as I would say she tolerated it. She did so great (except for not being willing to ride in the stroller the majority of the time). She didn't really care for many of the rides. Most of the rides had at least one dark, scary room that kind of freaked her out a little, and by the end of the ride she'd be clinging to me with her face buried in my chest.



I can't even remember where this photo was taken...possibly before we went on It's a Small World all together. That was the only ride Capri seemed to like. There are no scary loud noises, dark caverns, or sudden ups and downs. She had big wide eyes the entire time, watching all of the little displays and lights.

After this is when I started to feel so horrible I didn't care anymore about the World of Color show I hadwanted to see so bad. I left everyone else at the park and went back to the hotel and to bed. And that was the end of day three for me :)

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Cute, cute pictures of Capri. The rest just makes me tired!

Lisa said...

I LOVE Capri's little smirk in the last pic-what a cutie!