Friday, June 3, 2011

home evening

I am starting to LOVE family home evenings. This last lesson had me laughing so hard, so even if we didn't get the concept through to Aiden, we sure did have fun.

The lesson: The Armor of God.
We "girt his loins about with the truth" (the belt).
The "Breastplate of Righteousness" is the shell from his ninja turtle costume.
His feet are "shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace" (boot covers from his Peter Pan costume)
His "Shield of Faith" is the lid from a pot.
His bike helmet is serving as the "Helmet of Salvation".
The "Sword of the Spirit" was a little tricky, cause he no longer has a sword, so we substituted his pop gun. Guns are better than swords anyway, right?

Even though this was a pretty fun lesson, it's such a great concept. I kind of wish we did have literal armor to keep us (and our children!!) safe from Satan and the things of the world, but like we taught Aiden in the lesson, if we do the things we are supposed to, we will be protected in the same ways.

3 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

I LOVE this picture! And that you are having Family Home Evening . . so important!!

Moab Cozzens said...

I used this cute picture in my Young Women's lesson today. They LOVED it!! They said whenever they read the scripture about the armor of God, this is the picture they will have in their minds.

Emily said...

This is so creative! What a great idea for a FHE lesson. Aiden looks ready to fight the adversary in his costume. I love it!