
Thursday (the 13th) we got a call from the Adoption agency, basically saying that there was a birthmom that was going to be having her baby that same day via C-section, and she hadn't yet chosen a family. They wanted to know if it would be alright if they showed our profile to her, along with about three other families profiles. Of course, we said "yes, please". At the time, they had told us it was going to be a baby boy. She was going to make her decision that night, and they would let us know ASAP.
Friday we still hadn't heard anything, so I made Kenny call. I couldn't just wait any longer. They told us that she had given birth the night before, and SURPRISE!! it was a girl. My heart stopped right there when I heard that. (For the record, I was so excited before, when we thought we might be getting a boy, but now was my chance to have my girl!!) They told us she hadn't yet chosen a family, but there was another kink. The birthfather had been involved in the decision to place the child for adoption, and was on board at first, but once he saw her, he changed his mind and wanted to parent her. They were going to have a meeting all together with the social worker, and make a decision, and once again, they promised to keep us updated. At a little after ten that night, we got a call saying that they had made the decision to go ahead with the adoption, and they had chosen us *yay*. We told them we would head to Vegas first thing the next morning, and we hurriedly got ready to go. I didn't sleep more than an hour and a half, I was SO excited. Things of course had the potential to change, but I felt like things would work out.
Saturday morning I ran to Target and bought some onesies, a couple of newborn outfits, some blankets, bottles, formula, diapers and wipes. We headed to Vegas to meet the birthmom and the baby. We had lunch with the birthmom and afterward headed to the hospital to see the baby (the birthmom had been discharged from the hospital, but because the baby was going to be adopted, she was still in the nursery until papers were signed). It was a whirlwind day, and by the time we got to our hotel that night, we were totally wiped out. We went to sleep that night wondering if we would have a baby the next day.
Sunday we hung around Vegas all day waiting to be able to sign papers. Since she had been born at 6:42pm, we had to wait till that evening before we could do it. In Nevada the birthmom has to wait 72 hours after the birth to sign relinquishment papers. We met with the social worker and the birth parents one more time, and then we all signed the necessary documents to allow us to leave the hospital with the baby. We didn't get done at the hospital until 10:30pm, so we headed to my AMAZING friend Lynsie's house to sleep for night (she had taken Aiden and watched him while we were at the hospital).
Monday we all got up, and drove to Mesquite where Capri and I will stay until ICPC clears. (We'll be here a while, ICPC takes a couple days anyway, and they can't even start that process until we get one more child abuse background check back--this was so fast, we weren't even completely done with our paperwork yet!)

9 comments:
She is so cute Jill. I'm so happy for you guys! I'm excited to meet her!
I can't even begin to imagine the whirlwind of emotions you all must have been feeling, but I am so thrilled for you guys to welcome such a beautiful baby girl into your family. Congratulations!!
We are all so excited for you! And what a sweet little girl she is.
Love the new photos. She has such beautiful big brown eyes.
Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, SHE IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!! I'm so happy that everything worked out so that you could get sweet little Capri. I can't wait to meet her!
I am so thrilled for you! Things that are meant to be always happen fast and without much preparation. She is the perfect addition for your family.
She has the most beautiful little eyes. Congratulations.
I can't wait to meet Capri she is so adorable. Congrats again we are so so happy for you guys.
She's the most perfect little angel ever Congrats to all of you.
Congratulations! She's beautiful.
Post a Comment