Thursday, May 13, 2010

question...

As you all are probably aware, we are planning a giant fundraising yard-sale to fund our adoption. We have TONS of stuff, pretty much filling our little one car garage to the brim (not complaining, not at all). We were thinking about having it on Saturday the 29th because it won't be fully fledged summer time yet, and therefore won't be scorching hot yet. That's pretty much the next weekend we have free until June, and by then I'm afraid it will surely be scorching hot.

The problem is, that's Memorial Day weekend--Memorial Day is on Monday. Is that a bad time to have a yard sale?? Will people be out gallivanting in the hills, picnicking and such, or do you think we might have an ok turnout? I want to do this the best weekend we can so we have the best turnout. Any suggestions??

THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING!!!

3 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

I was waiting for someone else to put up an opinion so I could copy their brilliant advice, but no one else seems to know either. I think it would work either way..... but don't really have any idea. :)

Knutson Family said...

If it were me, I would not be shopping a yard sale on memorial day weekend. I'd be out gallivanting.

Becca Summerhays said...

You never know...I (along with any member of my family) would yard sale anytime of the year! But that might not be a good thing to base your decision off of..I am a Francis after all. ;) But seriously, I don't think it would be that bad. A lot of families go to yard sales together...maybe it would be a holiday outing for them??? Who knows...??