Tuesday, May 11, 2010

a quick trip...

My cutest little sister had her second baby a couple weeks ago, so Aiden and I took off the first chance we had to go see him. He's darling, by the way, but I took absolutely NO pictures of him. We just hung out, played with Aiden and Chase, and held that cute baby. It was the best two days! The last day we were there, my mom, dad and I took Aiden and Chase to the Children's Museum in Salt Lake. We used to go to the Children's museum when we were little, and it was always so much fun. I was so excited to take Aiden there, and especially since they've since moved locations and updated all their stuff, I knew the little boys would just love it! (And I secretly wanted to get a little shopping cart and push it around the little store and pretend buy stuff!! Sadly, Aiden wanted nothing to do with the pretend grocery store :(

We were right about the boys loving it though, we could have spent all day there. After we were there for quite a while, we had to rip the boys (kicking and screaming) away from the first little exhibit so we could show them the rest of the museum


Aiden LOVES music
Of course, when we got to the play kitchen Aiden went right in and made himself at home. He sat there and washed the dishes, cooked stuff on the stove, and put food in the oven. He was so cute and was having so much fun...then he saw the construction zone, and he was hooked. That's pretty much where we stayed for the rest of the day.

He waited patiently for his turn to run the big crane, and while he was waiting for it to open up, the smaller crane became available to play with, so he operated that one for a while.
The cool kids wear their hard-hat backwards.
Sorry, Kimbrey, I got no pictures of your cute little guy, because the two little boys were almost never in the same place at the same time.
He concentrated very hard on his imaginary job. He took it very seriously, and wouldn't leave until he was done.
And finally, the big crane became available, so Aiden camped out on it for quite a while. He's not wearing the cute little construction worker vest and hat, because a nasty little girl stole them right off of him! She is now my sworn enemy.

He finally got his little outfit back when snotty girl left to go somewhere else.
Now, I really thought the big life sized helicopter would be the highlight of the museum trip, but that was their least favorite part of the day. They couldn't wait to get away from the helicopter and go back to their fun games. We could not get either boy to sit in the front seat to "fly" the thing, especially when it sounded like it was going to fly away. It was such a fun day anyway, I just wish we had had more time to spend there.

9 comments:

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I took Lydia to the museum when we were up there a while ago it was a ton of fun. I am glad you guys went it is worth every penny if you ask me.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moab Cozzens said...

More fun than Disneyland!!! And never fear, I have pictures of Chase :) We'll have to go again when Porter and can come!

Chelle said...

How fun! And yes, I agree with Carri. We'll have to go when Porter and Briggs can join in.
We should hang out this week. I'll call you.

Knutson Family said...

I have never been there! That's sounds like such an awesome place to go! Maybe we'll have to take a trip down there sometime soon. Aiden is such a cute little boy I just can't get over it!

The Johnsons said...

I went there with Shae on a field trip and loved it. I remember going as a kid and playing store, I couldn't wait to go find the store when I got there. Looks like Aiden had tons of fun!

Lisa said...

I still haven't taken my kiddos there. I know they would LOVE it. Aiden is so cute!

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Yeah... What a sister... you chose to follow your OWN child around instead of MINE?!?!? Just Kidding.

And I secretly want to push a shopping cart around ......and ride in the wheelchair through a pretend school,...... and dig for dinosaur bones etc.... What a fun place that was/is.

Unknown said...

Aiden is the BEST! That looks like so much fun I can't believe I've never been there! I'm pretty sure Zander would never leave if I took him there.