I have fished for a long time. My Dad taught us how to fish when we were just little, and it has been a source of great entertainment for me and my family. But, all I had ever fished were rainbow trout.
When we moved to a warmer climate I had heard that some of the near by lakes had largemouth bass in them. So being the born and raised predator/sportsman that I am (and because it has the word large in its name DUH!), I set out to capture the beast, that is the largemouth bass.
After a few bumps along the way (the one you all got a kick out of in particular), a lot of reading in my Field & Stream, and some money spent on some new tackle (because despite what some of you might think bass fishing is not at all like fishing for rainbow trout) and a lot of skunked Saturdays going out fishing with Aiden and coming home empty handed and having Aiden tell Jill “we didn’t catch any fish mama.” I was just starting to think that maybe, I’m crazy, or that there really aren’t any largemouth bass in these lakes (or at least not the ones I was fishing in). But, today (Saturday, not Sunday) I can echo the words of my son, “Mama, we caught a bigg bigg fish.” What makes it even better, it is the LARGEST fish I have ever caught in my life, it was 18" long and 12 7/8" around weighing in at about 3.5 lbs and I caught it using my .99¢ ebay special lure (I love you Jill).
So, it is to all those that got there jollies at my expense, this blogs for you, or for me, depending on how you look at it.




6 comments:
That's too funny! Congratulations on your fish- I hope you made Jill eat it (since she loves eating fish so much)HA HA!
I want everyone to know that I had NOTHING to do with this post, and I protest the last statement. Congratulations on the fish though, Kenny, I know you wanted to catch a bass bad. Now that you finally caught one, are you going to stop going to the lake every last free second you think you have??? Maybe spend a little more time with me and Aiden????
Nice catch, I gues. I mean it looks big! As long as you didn't BUY the fishing stuff on Sunday it's not so bad!
Way to go, buddy. Now maybe one day you may actually shoot a coyote on your coyote hunt!
You know, that's one thing I've always thought when I hear the name Kenny: "predator". There's just that little chill that goes up the back of your neck when you say it...
Kenny... *Shiver* ...The Predator.
As for your last comment... I know that one was for me. You bring it, buddy; I'll put on the chapstick.
I love you man! If I ever get over to your side of Utah, you need to take me fishing!
(...But not on the Sabbath.)
hahahaha oh Kenny! Congrats on the fish!
Yeah, I think the whole thing is just a big fish story :0
Post a Comment