Thursday, October 15, 2009

my bff

I have very few really close friends, and even fewer that I consider best friends. This is one of them, my momma. She was here to visit a while ago, and when Jessica (my fancy photographer friend) saw her and I together, she said "I HAVE to take your picture!". I was reluctant, as I usually am, to have a photo taken of me, but I will always be grateful to have this photo.

Right before I turned twelve, my mom was put in as stake young womens president. All through my YW years, my mom was always there, and didn't get released from that position until right before I left young womens to go into Relief Society. While that would have caused some girls at that age some anxiety, at having their mother be at all the stake activities (where you met the best boys), I loved it. I never regretted having my mom around, because she was my good friend.

Something that I always took for granted was how much we look alike. I never really minded, although was sometimes somewhat annoyed when people were constantly telling me "you look just like your mom!" When I was going to Snow College they had a mother-daughter weekend, and they had a mother-daughter look alike contest. We totally won. Okay, we tied with another mom-daughter pair, but they really looked exactly the same!

Thanks Jessica, for the photos. I just love them.

6 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

I have been so excited to see these pictures! Now I wish you, Kimbrey and I had taken those pictures taken when we were all in braces together. AND, I never understood when people would say we look EXACTLY alike because I've always thought you were way cuter than me.

The Johnsons said...

What a cute picture! I bet it was nice having her stay with you. I love your mom, she is sure a sweetheart.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Very cute picture! I never really saw that you guys look alike, but maybe I just know you both too well.

Ashley F. said...

As I was reading the first part of this I thought, I remember as Snow when Jill and her mom won the mother/daughter look alike contest. Then sure enough it was in the next paragraph. You do look like your mom and lucky for you that's a good thing!
-Ashley

Anthony and Christel said...

Hello!! What a great picture of you and your mom! I always loved seeing her at Girls Camp.. she was my very first secret sister when I was a beehive. That was the first time we met too. Funny!

Knutson Family said...

Such a cute picture of the two of you. Jaicee thinks you are nearly identical.