I still have a lot of pictures from our weekend in Moab, so bear with me. Garrett (Kenny's little brother, the one who got the mission call) was forced to wait almost two days from when he received his call, to open the thing. Something about wanting all of the family to be there when he read it. It was a foreign idea to me, in my family you get a mission call and the parents are lucky if they get to be there when it's opened.
We got to Moab on Thursday night, and we were tasked with the job of keeping Garrett occupied, thus keeping him from tearing his hair out. He still had to wait another day till his sister got to Moab from Salt Lake. He was a little anxious, to say the least. Go figure. One of the things that these boys love the very most, is shooting guns. Any gun. Anywhere. At anything. (Not people.)
So we took him out to the desert and we shot our guns. I am a pretty good shot, it turns out. Ok, not really. I did hit some things that I was aiming at, and I take that to be a good sign.
Notice, however, the gun I was shooting was half the size of the one the boys were shooting. For the record, I did shoot that big gun, but didn't care for it too much. It kicks a lot. Those boys, they told me it wasn't that bad at all.
We got out to the wilderness, and Aiden suddenly had to "go poop". And, while he says that all the time and rarely does he really have to go, we figured out pretty quickly that he really did need to go, because he started grabbing at his bum, running around in circles, and squealing that he was "stinkin". It was a full fledged emergency. He has mastered going on the toilet, but absolutely nowhere else. Luckily we had his little toilet seat in the car, so we took it and balanced it in the middle of three rocks and made an awesome wilderness toilet. It worked though, and we were relieved till it came time to wipe and we had nothing to wipe with. We ended up borrowing the top of Uncle Garrett's tube sock, and we all came away feeling pretty good about ourselves. Emergency, eschmergency.

4 comments:
I hope you left the tube sock in the wilderness.
If I wasn,t homsick before I am now. A Moab trip without us? I can,t believe we missed that. By the way, you don,t remember Brennan waiting until midnight to open his calling so everyone could be there? Silly girl.
You look so natural holding that gun, if only the concern of your face didn't give you away.
Its definitely nice to go home...I only wish I lived closer. I got your scents in and I'll be up there next weekend so I'll definitely call you. I added Joe and his wife's blog to my list. Go make a comment! He was a very good neighbor-the boy next door-in all his glory...fat man in a little coat, snorking, breaking Carries jewelry, I miss the carefree days of college sometimes! See you soon!
Post a Comment