For the last couple of weeks (ever since we went bowling with the family, in fact) Aiden has been repeating himself over and over at the most random, and inopportune moments, like when we are sitting down to dinner at Sizzler with the grandparents he hasn't seen (or heard from, cause they were out of the country, darn them) for two weeks at least. It starts out like this "I have to go . . . BOWLING!" and then repeats itself over and over at least 17 times. It sounds a lot like the similar, and more urgent, "I have to go POTTY!" So it always gets my attention.
Ever since the very first time we took Aiden bowling (he's been a total two times now) he can't stop talking about it. If you ask, he'll tell you all about how his ball was orange, how he rolled it down and it "kapow" hits the hims! (He says hims instead of pins.) After he rolls his ball, he just stands there, all quiet and watches his ball roll down the lane and it usually takes a while because his ball is rolling pretty slow. Like I could run up and down the lane three or four times in the time it takes his ball to get to the pins. There were times his ball had so little momentum in rolling, that once it got the pins it just stopped. It had no more momentum to even knock down the pins that stood in it's way.
And every time his ball got to the end, regardless of whether it knocked anything down or not, he says "YES!"


6 comments:
HAHA I gotta admit, that was pretty funny at Sizzler. I told Daniel and he thought it was funny. Hey, when the kids gotta go, he's gotta go right?
You guys have to take us bowling some time. I use the bumpers, too.
He must have thought he was in Moab when he saw all us Moabites in Sizzler. What cute little bowling shoes!!
Such a cute kid! I love the bowling story, it's even cuter hearing it in person.
Hey Jill
We just took our kids bowling too. They loved it. Ky would throw his ball more up in the air then down the alley. I just knew one time his ball would go through the floor, but it didn't.
Anyways, Aiden's a cutie!
-Ashley Francom
I think the ball coming back out of the machine is my little boys favorite part. He would stand their and watch them come out then regulate which ball you got to use. Luckily he was okay skipping his turn to bowl every other time or we would have been their for hours, he had to have a blue ball and it was so heavy I could bearly lift it! Bowling is such a great adventure!
Post a Comment