Thursday, December 4, 2008

We found the perfect tree . . .

and we chopped it down.

Disclaimer: I do not have time in my life to post pictures AND edit them, so none of these pictures are edited. They make my point, however.



We had a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend, and once again it was way too short. We decided to switch things up this year and go to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner rather than my Grandparents. We had such a great time, and I have to say it, mom made the best turkey gravy I've ever tasted in my life. I hope you can replicate that, mom. The only flop was the sausage and maple syrup stuffing. Really, what were you thinking? Only joking mom, I can make do with any kind of stuffing with gravy that good.



One of our best traditions is finding our Christmas tree the day after (or shortly after) Thanksgiving. We headed out on Saturday and hunted for and soon found, our perfect Christmas tree.




We've always been real tree people, and I hope that never changes. I love the real tree look and smell.
Kenny told Aiden to kick down the tree and he sure did try!
But then I decided to take a whack at it, and was most surprised when it started to give way. Then I was left doing part-splits (that's as flexible as I am) with my whole right leg stuck in the tree.

Now our tree is up in our house, and it's covered in lights, lots of lights, and waiting for the rest of our decorations to be fully beautiful. I am having no trouble getting into the Christmas spirit this year, not with the lights war (that sadly we are not a part of) that is going on in our little neighborhood!
I love Christmas time, and it's the best here in this warm town of ours that most likely will not have snow for Christmas. And that's fine by me. Snow just means cold toes for me. I love walking through the Christmas isles at Target this time of year, and buying too much for Aiden. We have our shopping pretty much done already, because we are only buying for Aiden this year (plus something little for each other, because I got my Christmas bonus I didn't think I would get). We are poor, but we are happy and healthy and there are people in much worse situations than we are in.
I'll soon (hopefully) post pictures of our finished tree, and probably one or two of our cute boy, and if you're really lucky, by then I will have time to edit them.

4 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

O.K., YOU'RE in charge of stuffing next year - and I'm still hoping to ever replicate that gravy again . . . what fun we had!

The Johnsons said...

We missed you Friday, we went to Huntington Friday guess we should have went Saturday and joined in on the fun of hunting for Christmas trees even though I love my nice fake tree. Hopefully we can get together sometime.

Ellen James said...

Looks like so much fun. I miss real trees. We were at a Christmas concert at the school last night. Nathan was playing with a really cute little boy. He came over and told me that he liked him because he looked like Aiden! Cute. We really need to get them together more. PLEASE call us the next time you are up our way!

Ellen James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.