Friday, December 5, 2008

answered prayers

It's almost been two months since Kenny was laid off from his job and our lives were turned upside down. Since that day, I have been working as much as I can to keep our bills paid and keep food in our fridge and cupboard. Today, I was able to take a much needed deep breath and I think things are going to be ok again.

Kenny had a(nother) job interview on Thursday morning, and he got the call today that he got the job and he will be paid better than he was at his last job. The first couple of weeks will be a sort of "trial period" where if he does not perform to his new boss's liking, she can send him on his way and we will be back to things as they are now. Luckily I have lots of faith in my husband, and I know he is good at what he does, so there is not much worry about that.

I am so thankful for family and friends that have made our lives easier the last couple of months that have been so hard. We have awesome neighbors that are so great to watch Aiden when Kenny has to go to a job interview and I have to sleep. (That sounds so lazy, but I work nights). We have awesome family, they have been so supportive and encouraging. They've paid for our gas to travel multiple times, so that we can participate in the fun family activities.

Mostly I'm grateful that our Heavenly Father knows better than we do what is best for us and though it's hard not knowing what is coming next, it's good to know he's watching out for us. We have learned that our prayers DO get answered, just not in the ways we expect and not when we expect it. We know that we are blessed because we pay our tithing, and because we try to do what we are supposed to. Our lives may end up heading yet another direction, but I do believe that as long as we can hold on and keep our faith, we will be fine.

I am very much looking forward to being a full time mom, part time nurse again. The thing I missed the most was being the mom, and that's what I am most excited about.

8 comments:

Chelle said...

Yay!! Congratulations Kenny! And Jill, and Aiden! We're so happy for you.

Dustin and Kristin said...

That's so awesome Jill. I'm so glad that your prayers have been answered. It had to have been really tough for those months. Good luck.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Oh that's such good news. I'm not worried at all about Kenny not being able to perform to her standards. Any employer would be lucky to have him work for them. What's the new job? Similar to what he was doing before?

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I am so excited for you guys. I have praying for you and I knew that it was all going to work out. You guys are awesome we couldn't ask for better neighbors/friends. Good Job Kenny!

Unknown said...

Hooray KENNY! Congratulations! I know Kenny will do great at his new job! You guys are an AWESOME family and we love having you in our neighborhood. We were praying for you guys like crazy and it's just so great and comforting to know that the Lord is mindful and answers prayers.

The Johnsons said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes, what strong faith you guys have. Congrats on the new job, hope all goes well.

Becca Summerhays said...

Congrats you guys! That is good news! Good Luck Kenny!

Knutson Family said...

I'm so happy for you guys! What a relief, eh? Kenny, go knock the socks off your boss! We'll keep praying for you! Gives me hope that maybe WE can get a job sometime soon, too!