Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas!

We have had a few very uncharacterisitc snow days this week. Right now as I type, I am watching out my window, there are two inches of snow in my backyard, and snow is falling to the ground-again.
Makes me want Santa to come visit sooner.
As soon as I saw it was snowing the other day, I ran around the house frantically getting dressed and getting shoes and coats on Aiden to go out and play in it. After all, how often do we get this chance where we live?
Aiden was excited about the snow, because apparently, snow means "Santa Claus is comin, to town". Aiden has caught right onto this Santa thing, and has taken a real liking to it. I wonder how we're going to get him to be good the rest of the year?
He tolerated the snow at first, thought it was pretty, made me turn on the lights, but as the little tiny snowflakes started getting his fragile little face, it got more and more iffy.
And soon, he wasn't a fan of the snow at all, and begged me to go in and get in a blanket. "Get me warm, momma, get me warm" he cried repeatedly. So, I redirected his attention to the fresh, hasn't been touched blanket of snow on the neighbor's driveway. Go make foot prints, I told him.
So, go make foot prints he did. And when he was sure I would be satisfied with the footprints he made, he was again begging to go inside and get warm. This child of mine has been spoiled living in such a warm climate. He can't even tolerate our cold laundry room.

5 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Wow Jill! Nice job with the pictures! Especially love the one at the top of your blog.

Knutson Family said...

As I have shoveled the snow from my driveway several times in the last week or so, I have tried to remember warmer climates like Moab, or better yet, St. George...

Next time Aiden wants to go inside from the snow and get a nice warm blanket, tell him: "Imagine a land where people can't get warm at all. Ever. Not even in their houses. They just live in snow caves all year round and chew on frozen vegetables and have to pour boiling water in their laps just to get unstuck from the frozen toilet seat, which scalding brings only momentary relief before the relentless and violent shivering sets in again, blurring their vision and wearing down their teeth to flat, even nubs before they reach middle age. It's called Logan, and people actually CHOOSE to live there for some wacko reason."

J-J-J-Jus-s-s-t-t-t t-t-tell him that f-f-f-f-for m-m-m-m-me.

Moab Cozzens said...

I've thought about you guys in the St George snow while we haven't had any - until this week. Now we are buried under the stuff, too.

Olson Family said...

I'm with Aiden! I am not liking the snow! He is too cute!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I love these snow pic good job jill. I am glad to see Aiden liked the snow and santa.