We woke up yesterday morning, come downstairs for breakfast, and saw this. Our beautiful, perfect, lovely tree fell over sometime in the night. I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe that none of us heard it crash to the floor in the dead of night. We tried for three hours to make it stand back up, but each time we got it standing again, and thought it was up to stay, we'd let go of it carefully just to see it ever so gradually tip to the side. After a couple of hours, we decided to scrap it and headed out to the dump with our sad tree. Ours was the first tree in the compost pile.We were going to go out and find yet another perfect, real tree, but we decided two real trees in one year was a bit much, so we went out and bought a -gulp- fake one. I felt pretty stupid buying an artificial tree after being such a real tree snob to people, but we are now the proud owners of a "liberal tree". (It's a family joke).
We spent all day decorating the tree-again. What a pain in the butt to sit there and fluff out all those branches! I have to say, it's a pretty nice looking tree, but it definitely looks fake. It doesn't hold the same magic our pretty real one does, but it's a Christmas tree. Kenny threatened to make us go through Christmas without a tree altogether. Who knows what will go wrong next. Kind of makes life exciting doesn't it? Knowing you have bad luck, and not knowing what's coming?
But once again we have a tree. It's nice, and I realize I need to put the skirt around it. Now, does anyone know how to get tree sap out of carpet?
6 comments:
Welcome to beinging the proud owner of a fake tree. Just kidding I know all you guys like your real tree it was really a pretty tree. Now your other one is really pretty too.
I'll have Dad make you a "real tree" stand. Ours never falls down.
I'm sorry you had to lower your standards to that of a fake tree owner. We don't have a real tree because we inherited the fake one and since I leave it up forever its probably better. Otherwise, we would have a dried up dead tree at the end of January! You're tree still looks very very pretty. BTW, I would love for you to come visit us, anytime!
I am sorry about your tree too. But it sure looked pretty when you finally got it all together. A fake tree isn't so bad except the storing part. My email is redruby579@yahoo.com I love pics.
Now you have figured out why we got a fake tree this year. they just don't make stands good enough to hold the real ones up. I got tired of fighting with getting mine to stay up last year. sorry to hear that you had to throw it away. Fake trees are not the same but are so much easier when it comes to staying up.
Sorry about the early demise of your tree. OUrs did that acouple of years ago. It did wait until New YEars Day at least, so it was time to come down anyway. As for your tree sap in the carpet, there is some amazing stuff called Goo-Be-Gone that gets rid of all kinds of sticky messes. Good luck.
Post a Comment