The thing that makes Christmas for me, is the tree. I love the lights, the decorations and the smell. Everything else is great, but the tree is it for me. Aiden is definitely his momma's boy because he loves the tree too. He's even tried to give it "hugs", only to find out that it's prickly.
Every day as soon as we get downstairs, and he knows breakfast is on it's way, he tells me "lights on". And me, I turn on the kitchen light so he can see his breakfast, cause that's what I think he's talking about. Then he tells me "no, DAT one. Ober DER" (pointing to the tree). And so we turn on the Christmas tree lights first thing in the morning and only turn them off after we've all gone to bed. After all, it is Christmas season, and Aiden believes that Santa's coming at any minute, and we'd better be ready.
Kenny even strung popcorn and cranberries for me, even though (as I found out just this year, after five years of marriage) he hates doing it, and even hates the LOOK of it. Gasp! I had done some of it, but wasn't going to be able to finish until the next week, and of course you can't do the decorations until the garland is on, so he sat there all day (back when he wasn't working and had nothing to do) and did it for me so that we would be able to finish decorating our pretty tree. I have a great husband.
This is the best picture I could get of Aiden by the tree. After the tree hugging incident, he won't get too close, and when he does get close, he has a funny look on his face, as if he's waiting for another poke.
5 comments:
Great Christmas tree pictures, Jill, and a really cute picture of your family at the Brown Rocks. I need a copy!!
Yeah, I think it's the Christmas tree that does it for me too.
I agree about the tree making Christmas feel like Christmas. I love sitting in the living room with all the other lights in the house turned off except for the tree.
We still haven't got our tree up because we're waiting to hear back about a job offer that would require us to move, so we didn't want to put everything up and then take it back down again before Christmas. It's kind of a bummer. Hopefully we'll hear back by tomorrow!
That is an AWESOME picture of your family in Moab. Seriously, I'm jealous, and I want a picture of my own family just like it. Who took that, and where were you?
I love that picture of your family. It is so pretty! Aiden is so funny about staying away from the tree. he makes me laugh.
I check the site all the time. I love being able to see Aiden and you guys sense I don't get to see you much. Happy New Year!!
I love you, the forgotten Aunt in Moab! Tam
Post a Comment