Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Miracles

I was blessed with a few special Christmas gifts this year, that were not anticipated by anyone. The first was my work when they called me Christmas Eve and said that they didn't need me, I would not have to go to work that night. Okay, that's not exactly what they said, but it's what I heard. I got to spend Christmas Eve with my two favorite boys, and got to enjoy a little tiny bit of snow too.

We had so much fun setting up Aiden's toys (there weren't a ton, but enough) after he went to bed, and he was so excited when he woke up in the morning and Santa had finally come to our house and left presents like we told him would happen. Santa got him a darling tool bench made of wood with wood tools- nuts, screws, hammer and screwdriver. We also got him a toy power drill and chainsaw to go with his tool bench and he spent the morning "sawing" the tree, the couch and momma. we had to convince him several times to open another present because he'd get so involved in the toy he had just opened he didn't want to take breaks. So Christmas morning lingered a little which was in no way a bad thing.

Later in the day Aiden gave us the best Christmas gift he could have. He pooped. In the big boy potty. Two separate times! We've been working on peeing in the potty, and have actually made some good progress, but when it came time to poop, Aiden would not go anywhere near the potty. Don't you love the poopy talk? If it bothers you, sorry. I am a nurse and am immune to poop. I had to restrain myself from taking a picture, because I know nobody wants to see that.

And now, we are headed to Moab where our Christmas festivities will continue and the weekend will be over way too soon.

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

It sounds like you guys had a good Christmas. I love seeing the kids expression when Santa finally comes.

Knutson Family said...

We talk about poop a lot too. But thank you for not taking a picture.

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

Good luck witht he potty training. Glad you got to stay home from work and enjoy Christmas with your family