Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fat lotta good that did, huh?

Well, at least I can say that I voted, so I can whine as much as I want to. Did you know that you can't whine about elected officials unless you vote? It's true.

I realize especially here in Utah that my one little tiny vote really made no difference at all, but man, it doesn't feel like that when you're standing there in the booth (not really a booth anymore, but whatever) picking between John McCain and Barack Obama. I sure do wish it had turned out differently, but oh well. I guess Aiden isn't going to be the first black president after all, Dad.

I watched the election results with the other nurses at work last night, and it was nice that they were all just as depressed about the results as I was. It would have sucked to be the only one sulking all night! The worst part is that I'll have to say President Obama now. We sure are in for a lot of changes!

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

You should have been in THIS house all night. Me, I just say, "Oh,well", move on and try to make the best of it.

Knutson Family said...

Not just the president, but the house and senate too! They'll send legislation through without resistance... Here it comes...