Thursday, November 20, 2008

Disney on Ice

Over the weekend we headed up north to stay with Kenny's sister and her husband, who were nice enough to let us stay with them for three days. Kenny's entire family was there, and his parents treated us all to a night at Disney on Ice.

Kenny's sister Karrina just happened to have gone to Disneyland not long ago, and since she had heard of Aiden's love for the movie "Monster's Inc." she bought him this "Mike and Sully" stuffed toy, just in time for our Disney on Ice trip. Unfortunately, Mike and Sully weren't in Disney on Ice, but Aiden didn't care. Not one bit.We, of course, had to find a park while we were out of town, because if Aiden goes too long without playing at a park, he has withdrawals. Of course, we (the girls) didn't realize how much fun our husbands would have on the toys. They may have had more fun than Aiden did this time.
I was a little chilly, and I took Kenny's jacket because he didn't think to remind me to wear one of my own. So, he did a little "jig" to warm himself up.
I was worried about Aiden sitting through Disney on Ice, because he's proved to us multiple times that he is unable to sit through much of anything. But he was SO good. Right at the beginning when Mickey and the all the gang came out onto the ice, Aiden just wanted to go down and see Mickey, and he cried and screamed and thrashed. But after a minute, he calmed down and sat for the whole two hours just absolutely transfixed on the show. He loved it. I probably could count on my two hands how many times he blinked. He (with a little help, but not much) ate two tubs of popcorn.
Ever time Mickey came out, Aiden got so excited. He LOVES mickey.
This is what he did, and looked like for the entire two hours. Eyes wide open, hands and mouth full of popcorn, and his little jaw chewing. He had such a great time, and it was so great for us to watch him. Thanks guys, it was so fun.

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Oh how fun! I have always wanted to go to Disney on Ice, I bet my girls would love it. I can't believe Aiden watched it for the enitre two hours.

Moab Cozzens said...

Wow-Mickey in person! One step better than Jay's Donald Duck voice. What fun.