We celebrated the 24th of July at the park downtown.
Such a fun time!
We bought $2.50 worth of tickets, and it was plenty!
We used a little of it first thing to get a balloon for Capri.
Aiden wanted to do the bounce house, so while I waited in that line I sent Aiden
to get a balloon. He waited patiently in line for his turn
(maybe a little too patiently, he let a bunch of people pass him :)
Capri waited not so patiently. She hates being in the stroller.
She'd much rather be held, or run into the street.
And Aiden finally got the balloon. Luckily the line for the
bounce house moved super slow.
She was not as thrilled as I thought she would be about the balloon.
But she humored me :)
Finally got to the bounce house! He got a good five minutes in there,
which made the 25 minute wait time completely worth it!
The kids got to pan for gold in the saw dust, and there were real (fake) gold nuggets
hidden in the sawdust. When they found a nugget, they got to trade it for a prize.
He found gold! And traded it in for a paper airplane.
Golfing! He took about six tries to get it in the hole, but he got a prize anyway.
We met these people at the park who had adopted a couple of kids
from...hmmm, now I can't remember where they were from. Haiti maybe? Or Ethiopia?
Anyway, their kids were beautiful. This kid was seven, almost eight, and was the same size as my five, almost six year old. They were instant friends. Bonded by the dunk tank :)
I asked them if I could get a picture of them together, and these were the faces I got.
Aiden's favorite part of the day, by far, was the dunk tank. It was free to be dunked, and
surprisingly there were a lot of kids that wanted to be dunked, rather than doing the dunking.
He loved it!
I honestly didn't think he would like it, but time after time he got in that line.
By far my favorite part of the day too :)
After this, we met daddy for lunch, and dried off.
The plan was to head back to the dunk tank after lunch, but
Capri got sidetracked by the playground.
And there we stayed for the rest of the afternoon, till nap time.
Because if we find an activity that keeps Capri happy, we stay as long as we can!
I was shocked when she climbed up this slide, because she's scared of heights.
Maybe she didn't notice how steep, and tall this slide was.
But she climbed right up, and slid right down. Again and again.
Happy Pioneer Day Utah!
We love living here, and are so grateful for the sacrifice of every pioneer
that led to the settlement of this great state.























2 comments:
Funny, it's always the same shoe off. Cute puffy pony tails :)
I need to come down to St. George. You guys seem to always be doing fun things!!
Post a Comment